Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sam Brown/Stop! from the box set "The A&M Years 1988-1990" - I fell in love with Sam Brown the moment I saw the video "Stop!", blew me away, what an amazing voice. What a great box set with an excellent remaster of some great music. My latest ear worm is the hauntingly beautiful "I'll Be In Love". I've posted the MP3 but warning this could become your next ear worm.
Sam Brown:A&M Years.jpg

Sam Brown:A&M Years - bk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's A Beautiful Day/Debut & Marrying Maiden - An absolutely beautiful debut album from the 1st cut to the last. Although the 2nd album was not as strong but has several great tunes. I replaced my Matthew Katz San Francisco Sound cd with this 2for version based on QuadLindas opinion (thanx QL) that this was a better sounding version, to my ears she is right. I popped it on and gave it the SM3 treatment and oh my god, it sounded amazing!!! Damn if I didn't have another eargasm! Question: Has anyone heard the limited edition Japanese mini lp version or the 24 bit CD Baby remaster? This is another that deserves to be on the Atmos treatment list.
It's A Beautiful Day.jpg

Quicksilver Messenger Service/Debut - Since I was listening to SF bands this came to mind. I was lucky enough to see them live, John Cipollina's mesmerizing guitar playing and a great light show, I was trippin'. For you listening pleasure here's one of my favorite tracks, "The Fool" so turn down the lights, turn on the lava lamps, light some incense, spark up a fat one, set your mind free and let your freak flag fly!
Quicksilver Messenger Service.jpg

Quicksilver Messenger Service - bk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's A Beautiful Day/Debut & Marrying Maiden - An absolutely beautiful debut album from the 1st cut to the last. Although the 2nd album was not as strong but has several great tunes. I replaced my Matthew Katz San Francisco Sound cd with this 2for version based on QuadLindas opinion (thanx QL) that this was a better sounding version, to my ears she is right. I popped it on and gave it the SM3 treatment and oh my god, it sounded amazing!!! Damn if I didn't have another eargasm! Question: Has anyone heard the limited edition Japanese mini lp version or the 24 bit CD Baby remaster? This is another that deserves to be on the Atmos treatment list.
View attachment 100935
Or at least a Mofi OneStep or AP’s UHQR.

Pousette-Dart Band/The Best Of - Excellent sounding recording but his is one of those discs I purchased for one song "Woman In My Dreams". It got quite a bit FM play back in the day but I haven't heard it on the radio for a long time. I'm posting the MP3 to turn you on to this fantastic tune or for your listening pleasure if you are already familiar with it.
View attachment 100939
View attachment 100940
I like the track, haunting, but I'd never heard of them on this side of the pond!

Thanks to QLs recommendation I got a 2 cd Moby Grape compilation Vintage. Its pretty comprehensive and very affordable to pick up but Im sure pales compared to your Sundazed reissues. Sundazed is up there with Rhino for quality reissues.

Thanks to QLs recommendation I got a 2 cd Moby Grape compilation Vintage. Its pretty comprehensive and very affordable to pick up but Im sure pales compared to your Sundazed reissues. Sundazed is up there with Rhino for quality reissues.
Vintage is also excellent, and prior to the Sundazed discs, it was far and away the best way to listen to Moby Grape on disc. This compilation was also produced by Bob Irwin, with the always terrific Vic Anesini handling the remastering duties. It, obviously, is missing some of the tracks from the individual "first five," but provides a very nice sounding and comprehensive overview of the Grape's output.

Van Morrison/Astral Weeks - On one of my many trips to the records this album was prominently displayed. Being a big fan of Them and Van the man it was under my are as I left the store (I did pay for it). Immediately after making it home I popped it on the turntable, it was exactly what I expected. However over time it grew on me and is my favorite album by the man even over Moondance. Giving it the SM3 treatment it sounded beautifully amazing!!! This certainly deserver the Blu-ray Atmos treatment. In the words of James Brown, "Please! Please! Please!" Mr. Wilson, do your MAGIC!!!
Van Morrison:Astral Weeks.jpg

Back