Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sons Of Champlin/Loosen Up Naturally - Love this band, saw 'em many times live, always a great show! Their 1st album here I'd describe as psychedelic, jazz/rock. One of the SF bands that never achieved the success as some of the others but should have. Of course the SM3 treatment made it sound amazing!!! Listening to the song "Get High" the xylophone in the break floated around my living room, just mesmerizing. So it's that time again to turn down the lights, turn on the lava lamps, light some incense, spark up a fat one, set your mind free and let your freak flag fly! For your listening pleasure "Get High".

View attachment 101129
View attachment 101130
View attachment 101131

I wasn't aware of this particular album, listened to your clip, and it's right up my alley. Bill Champlin is super obviously. I found a used vinyl copy on ebay, we'll see how good their Very Good+ rating is on the media. Hard to find a good copy, seems it's totally out of print (vinyl), CD can be found, though I couldn't find the version you have.

I wasn't aware of this particular album, listened to your clip, and it's right up my alley. Bill Champlin is super obviously. I found a used vinyl copy on ebay, we'll see how good their Very Good+ rating is on the media. Hard to find a good copy, seems it's totally out of print (vinyl), CD can be found, though I couldn't find the version you have.
Just out of curiosity, how does one go about adding these audio clips? I've not experienced this on other forums. Thx!

Crowded House WOODFACE [Deluxe Edition] [Capitol Records/2 RBCDs with 2nd disc of demos] Excellent sonically. Comes with 32 page bound booklet in sturdy slipcase

Crowded House / Woodface / 2CD deluxe | superdeluxeedition

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought it several years ago but as many of the Japanese mini lp's they seem to go out of print pretty quick.

Just out of curiosity, how does one go about adding these audio clips? I've not experienced this on other forums. Thx!
I put them in iTunes, from there I drag and drop to my desktop, drag and drop to my post, when finished with download click insert and there you have it. This is with a Mac I don't know if it's the same with PC. Hope that helps.

Here's a good value which also includes their 2nd and 3rd albums, all good. These were remastered by BGO who does a very good job with their reissues.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/176225283382?epid=13052230829&hash=item2907d86d36:g:V2gAAOSw2zZlwWJl&amdata=enc:AQAIAAAA4HHTrkzuqSL9mNUXFYcQYwJlgvzH3UI81bewxCp8xXu+Nu8vA+NoONiKRjBAWJtpMXJyGBbxmCX1cFDYfB5dB/XpZKHfxkvlYvLyZ2JvCbLJeZksgzN67Bl8BuygP8bAFthfnHKa9se8BNTjOrTdL0GisiteIYg4hRKLdHOXn1teuYLAQzo1xOHgxJa5y8HJFUlJQYNW1AqeZp5LzAGYOlWTFKTJRQcaS9E7o6yrQlpJmOz+5mC0IlbI2HgfcbKpCtthSz5teOuYVfex8E2Iyv8R76pGQgMJfmBT/ymI9c3R|tkp:Bk9SR8jIseqwYw

Last edited:
10cc/Bloody Tourists - Saw them at the Paramount in Portland, Oregon when they were touring in support of this album. Great concert, knocked my socks off, went home barefoot. So much fun listening to this through the SM3 which sounded really amazing!!! Not gonna post any songs as I'm sure most people are familiar with this and if not, shame on you!!!

10cc:Bloody Tourist.jpg

10cc:Bloody Tourist - bk.jpg

I just put this on, bought it from Ike & got it signed at one of his gigs a few years ago. Amazing player, and a kickass show!!

Even more impressive when you realize he's playing all the bass parts on the Moog with his other hand.

ike_stubblefield.jpg

Mastered by Brian Gardner at Bernie Grundman Mastering, LA

I just checked online & see he passed away in 2021. Man, what a shame. And what a career:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ike_Stubblefield

RIP

WHAM! THE FINAL [SONY K2 HD remaster/disc made in Japan] Exceptional remaster and much better than you think!

Wham - The Final - K2HD Mastering 2014 (1986) Flac 24bit Hi-Res ...
R.a398467876ec92b32fb6372414cab73d

EBD418EC-D527-400C-91E3-4F3BC7E0E25A.jpeg

Ultravox - Rage In Eden

This was a blind buy (I might have heard The Voice back in the day but that’s it).
What a great album, presented beautifully on this 40th Anniversary box set. The SW remix, when compared to the original, is great.
The big surprise is the excellent Hammersmith Odeon concert on discs 4 & 5 which sounds amazing.

Back