Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_2975.jpeg

B6D8FA52-7430-4418-8F9A-8A9337B934B7.jpeg

Neil Young - Harvest

Classic album of course though this 50th Anniversary edition misses the mark IMO.
The mastering isn’t great (will compare to the DVDA one of these days) and the outtakes disc has only 3 tracks for a total of 7:07.
The BBC show (with corrected audio on the DVD) is very good.
The 2 hour documentary has its interesting moments and tedious ones too.

Speaking of Asylum Choir and 1968, this is kind of album that could have only been greenlit during that crazy psychedelic haze. Produced by Leon Russell in the same studio and around the same time he and Marc Benno recorded Look Inside, Daughters Of Albion is all over the map! It's melodic and strange with Zappa / Mothers Of Invention production influences that were in vogue at the time. If you like psych pop, it's well worth seeking out.

Daughters Of Albion (front).jpg

Daughters Of Albion (back).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of Asylum Choir and 1968, this is kind of album that could have only been greenlit during that crazy psychedelic haze. Produced by Leon Russell in the same studio and around the same time he and Marc Benno recorded Look Inside, Daughters Of Albion is all over the map! It's melodic and strange with Zappa / Mothers Of Invention production influences that were in vogue at the time. If you like psych pop, it's well worth seeking out.

View attachment 101569
View attachment 101570

Daughters Of Albion - Well Wired
View attachment 101571

Daughters Of Albion - 1968 / John Flip Lockup (medley)
View attachment 101572
Never heard of this band but I have heard of Leon Russell of course. Thanx for posting the mp3's and giving me the opportunity to check these out. I enjoyed them both, "1968 / John Flip Lockup (medley)" was a trip. :cool:

Back