Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Digging the alternate versions in the new Synchronicity box set.

20240729_172841.jpg

Gotta look that one up.
Here is what RickyPedia says -

The Tangent is a progressive rock group formed in 2002, led by keyboardist and singer Andy Tillison.

History​

[edit]

Formation​

[edit]
The band was formed in 2002 by Parallel or 90 Degrees keyboardists Andy Tillison and Sam Baine and multi-instrumentalist Guy Manning; The Flower Kings' guitarist Roine Stolt, bassist Jonas Reingold, and drummer Zoltan Csörsz; and renowned saxophonist David Jackson of Van der Graaf Generator. The band was scheduled only to be a "one-off" side project but has produced ten official studio albums and a number of live albums since.

The Tangent has had numerous changes in personnel resulting in Tillison being the only member to have been on all the recordings.

Here is what RickyPedia says -

The Tangent is a progressive rock group formed in 2002, led by keyboardist and singer Andy Tillison.

History​

[edit]

Formation​

[edit]
The band was formed in 2002 by Parallel or 90 Degrees keyboardists Andy Tillison and Sam Baine and multi-instrumentalist Guy Manning; The Flower Kings' guitarist Roine Stolt, bassist Jonas Reingold, and drummer Zoltan Csörsz; and renowned saxophonist David Jackson of Van der Graaf Generator. The band was scheduled only to be a "one-off" side project but has produced ten official studio albums and a number of live albums since.

The Tangent has had numerous changes in personnel resulting in Tillison being the only member to have been on all the recordings.
Found it on YT, I’ll give it a preview in a couple of days. Plate’s pretty full fight now, though.

following up a fantastic contemp jazz cd with a more incredible prog album !! super awesome stuff here
View attachment 108072
As I type this I'm previewing this via YT, and really like what I'm hearing from this prog band previously unknown to me...yet another release and/or group that someone here at QQ has turned me onto - thanks.

Haven't posted in this thread for a week or two, so there's lots. All CD's:

Ann Wilson & Tripsitter 2 CD
Columbia Rarities ('71-'88) - Boz Scaggs Japan BSCD2
Twisters (the album) 2 CD
Piano Man - Billy Joel Japan 2 CD/SACD/DVD-V
Bridge of Sighs - Robin Trower UK 3 CD/BD
Am I Okay? - Meghan Moroney
Songs for a Tailor - Jack Bruce UK 2 CD/BD
Mind Games Super Deluxe - Dr. Winston O'Boogie 6 CD/2 BD
#1 - Deep Purple
Freedom Suite (2 ch), Young Rascals, Collections, Groovin,' Once Upon a Dream (mono)- Rascals from UK 7 CD It's Wonderful box

QL, how is that DP #1 ?
I think QL meant, =1. Though, she’s #1. 😄

It’s a kick-ass album. Best album since their early years. Too bad it’s compressed to death. Only listen on YouTube Music (Premium) with earbuds and have played it many times. Not serious enough to own any digital copy but I’m tempted. I wonder if the vinyl is as compressed.

IMG_1250.jpeg

Lee Morgan - Caramba!

Good album but flat univolving sound. Cymbals muted and mushy, the bass is lean and hard to find at times.
Definitely backing off on buying more of these BN85 discs, the misses outnumber the hits in my experience thus far.

Back