Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim Croce!!! 😲 I was not expecting this!!

whizzing through the tracks i know better than others, only in 5.1 on ATV, it all sounds nice and things get more Surround-y as you go through the albums chronologically, "I Got A Name" has the most going on behind you in 5.1

i'll have to listen properly on the full Atmos setup with Heights and all but it feels like they probably did about as much as they could do with whatever was available, what a nice surprise! 💘

whizzing through the tracks i know better than others, only in 5.1 on ATV, it all sounds nice and things get more Surround-y as you go through the albums chronologically, "I Got A Name" has the most going on behind you in 5.1

i'll have to listen properly on the full Atmos setup with Heights and all but it feels like they probably did about as much as they could do with whatever was available, what a nice surprise! 💘
Not surprised. Not only was I Got A Name a more layered recording but there’s also a good chance it was originally recorded on a larger deck. (16 v 8).

wonder whether this could benefit from it's own dedicated thread to garner maximum attention from our throng? 🥳🎉
Perhaps. But then you’d also be opening it up to just a bunch of “unless it’s released on a physical disc in Hi-Rez and all the albums on one disc for $14.99 I’m not interested!” comments. 🤣

Listened to it this morning--sounded great! Maybe delete it from your library and re-add? (The interwebs still aren't telling me who did the Atmos mix.)
I still only have Wilco's Evicted in stereo, no matter which-a-way I go at it. In fact, it's also showing only as Hi-Res Lossless on my iMac as well, which does not share a library with my Apple TV.

Also, The Yes Album and Live Evil, which have been displayed as Featured Albums on the Apple Music Spatial Audio page for two weeks, are still stereo-only for me... but for those two, I haven't seen anyone claim in this thread that they hear them in Atmos on Apple. For Wilco, so far I'm in a minority of one, unless anyone else out there wants to confirm they don't have that in Atmos either.

Back