Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steely Dan - Gaucho (SACD 5.1)
Mi5qcGVn.jpeg

Arrived home from my holiday at 4am to this in the letterbox, just now listening to it
View attachment 97240
a fine example.. of a Region (2) locked music disc from the UK! (BD/DVD region zoning's been a hot topic round these parts) 😋

at least in this instance there was also a U.S. NTSC DVD-V release with Region 1 zoning ✌️

a fine example.. of a Region (2) locked music disc from the UK! (BD/DVD region zoning's been a hot topic round these parts) 😋

at least in this instance there was also a U.S. NTSC DVD-V release with Region 1 zoning ✌️
Well that is weird as it states this on the actual dvd
image.jpg

Unless that is for the concert and not the 5.1 mix?

the DVD in the initial 30th Anniversary release on Capitol in the U.S. is Region 1 encoded.

the DVD in the subsequent Edsel release in the UK is Region 2 encoded.

content wise the discs are the same, the packaging and booklets have some differences (US booklet has an essay, UK booklet has song lyrics).

IMG_2064.jpeg

IMG_2065.jpeg

IMG_2066.jpeg

IMG_2067.jpeg

IMG_2068.jpeg

IMG_2069.jpeg

the DVD in the initial 30th Anniversary release on Capitol in the U.S. is Region 1 encoded.

the DVD in the subsequent Edsel release in the UK is Region 2 encoded.

content wise the discs are the same, the packaging and booklets have some differences (US booklet has an essay, UK booklet has song lyrics).

View attachment 97242

View attachment 97243

View attachment 97244

View attachment 97245

View attachment 97246

View attachment 97247
From a selfish point of view i’m glad mine works fine (even if it didn’t I have a region free player), brilliant mix even if it is DD

Since this album appeared in the QQ Polls today, I decided to liberate it from mothballs and give it a spin. Although Country/Western is NOT my favorite music genre, I have to say that with D~V's superb mastering and a very nice immersive surround mix.....it really grows on you!

Dottie West - House of Love & If it's All Right with You/Just What I've Been Looking For [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]

Dottie West - House of Love & If it's All Right with You/Just What I've Been Looking For
[SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]

Back