Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rusty put me in the mood
image.jpg

Timeless music from another era brought to life through D~V's stunning mastering from pristine analogue masters! 4 complete albums on 2 hybrid QUAD SACDs!

HENRY MANCINI • THE BEST OF MANCINI – VOLUMES 1 & 2, THE CONCERT SOUND OF MANCINI, MANCINI SALUTES SOUSA & BONUS TRACK[SACD Hybrid Multi-Channel]

HENRY MANCINI • THE BEST OF MANCINI – VOLUMES 1 & 2, THE CONCERT SOUND OF MANCINI, MANCINI SALUTES SOUSA & BONUS TRACK​

[SACD Hybrid Multi-Channel]

Edit: Mancini Plays Sousa is intensely INSANE .... WOW! Not normally within my comfort zone but rousing, wildly discrete and a sonic workhorse!

Last edited:

Enoch Light And The Light Brigade – Dancing In The Dark / Disco Greats (SQ LP - QUAD)​

Project 3 Total Sound – PR 5098 QD

*Pretty good 4 channel separation for SQ IMO. The main thing I notice about this one is that the mastering seems way too bright and not enough Bass for a Disco/Funk recording. Had to do some serious EQ to get into the Rocket Pocket.

Favorite songs are "The Mad Russian" (reminds me a little bit of "The Undisputed Truth" type stuff); "I'm Your Boogie Man" and "I Feel Love" (the Donna Summer/ Giorgio Moroder/ Pete Bellotte tune.)

-A future Rhino Quadio Dutton Vocalion SACD :unsure:

DISCO GREATS SQ LP.jpg

Last edited:
From the four corners of your listening room Michael J. Dutton presents for your listening pleasure guitarist extraordinaire Mr. Tony Mottola on the Project 3 label in a licensing agreement with NAXOS Records. Personally, I prefer CLOSE TO YOU to TONY AND STRINGS. The sonics as to be expected are superb!

TONY MOTTOLA • TONY AND STRINGS & CLOSE TO YOU[SACD Hybrid Multi-Channel]

TONY MOTTOLA • TONY AND STRINGS & CLOSE TO YOU

ENOCH LIGHT • BEATLES CLASSICS & SERENDIPITY[SACD Hybrid Multi-Channel]

ENOCH LIGHT • BEATLES CLASSICS & SERENDIPITY

An absolute TREASURE from D~V's October 2023 batch of new QUAD SACD releases! The Beatles Classics is hardly an exercise in Easy Listening but rather a reimagination of their brilliant compositions. Hey Jude takes a cue from Ravel's BOLERO and dazzles with its inventiveness. And Eleanor Rigby's Baroque sensibility is simply gorgeous!

And SERENDIPITY takes a lot of its cues from the remarkable work of the Swingle Singers. CBS Record's Larry Keyes is credited for the QUAD/Stereo mixes so you know its GREAT.

And David Zimmerman's informative liner notes credits the many innovations of Enoch Light ..... the light behind Project 3's extraordinary output and even mentions Donald Fagen's appreciation of Enoch's wide stereo spread which informed many of Steely Dan's exceptional recording projects.

Hopefully, with SO many Project 3 QUAD titles now under the ownership of NAXOS Records, Michael J. Dutton will be able to access many more of these amazing masters for future release.

And I'd be remiss if I didn't cite D~V's astounding mastering prowess.

This is a highly discrete treasure worthy of your absolute consideration!

Big Big Train -Empire
Only listening to this fantastic show
As I'm having an admin evening, lots to catch up on.....never liked paperwork!!
What's Rob Aubrey up to these days?
Is the back catalogue really going to be remixed in atmos? I sure hope so
https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/16279313?ev=rb

Last edited:
Taking a break from my D~V listening session ...... I am following Clement's love affair with Djabe with

Djabe | Flow, the new album gig - Debrecen May 18 - Djabe
Yessir, Ralph! That's my favorite! I find myself reaching for it when i'm in a Djabe mood, which is why i've been making my way through the rest of their releases. Soaking in this one now
Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 1.10.07 PM.png
9.25 on our poll
thread

THE O'JAYS • SHIP AHOY, MESSAGE IN THE MUSIC & LIVE IN LONDON[SACD Hybrid Multi-Channel]

THE O'JAYS • SHIP AHOY, MESSAGE IN THE MUSIC & LIVE IN LONDON​

NOT one, NOT two but THREE superbly remastered O'Jays QUADRAPHONIC albums from the original analogue QUAD masters. I never owned the original Columbia Ship Ahoy 5.1 QUAD SACD which came out in the early 00's which is now fetching well over $150 on the OOP used market but D~V's 2023 remastering is sensational.

A VERY HIGH RECOMMENDATION!

Back