Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
America HOLIDAY [Warner Brothers/BD~A 4.0/DTS~HD MA 192/24] Recorded by Geoff Emerick and Produced by Sir George Martin in what I consider another exceptional RHINO remaster!

America : Holiday (LP, Vinyl record album) -- Dusty Groove is Chicago's ...

Ralph Vaughan Williams • 49th Parallel: the complete music written for the film[SACD Hybrid Multi-Channel]

Ralph Vaughan Williams • 49th Parallel: the complete music written for the film​

[SACD Hybrid Multi-Channel]

Along with my latest batch of D~V Soul/Easy Listening/Pop Recordings came this World Premiere Recording of composer Ralph Vaughan Williams original soundtrack to 49TH PARALLEL engineered in pluperfect Multi~CH 5.1 sonics by Michael J. Dutton magnificently performed by Martin Yates conducting the extremely talented BBC Concert Orchestra.

Michael J should be congratulated for bringing this gorgeous music in its entirety to SACD and exquisite it is! Dutton Epoch's Digital Recordings of the classical repertoire are sonically every bit on par with labels like BIS, CHANDOS and DGG/Decca...totally immersive without being gimmicky!

49th Parallel comes VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Last edited:
Thank you 4ears for highlighting this classical disc. And extolling MJD's excellent work
And might I add Jeffie, that in ALL of the hundreds of QUAD/Multi~CH Classical SACDs Dutton Vocalion has released over the years, never have there been any mastering problems with ANY of their discs ...a few cracked cases maybe ...but the contents are SUPERB.

Michael J...AKA THE WIZARD OF WATFORD ...has impeccable credentials ...and GOLDEN 👂👂👂👂

And his prices UNPARALLED most especially in these inflationary times!!!!!!!

Am I a staunch Dutton Vocalion FANBOY ....YOU BETCHA!

Back