Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barbra Streisand THE MOVIE ALBUM [SONY/Multi~CH SACD] Some wonderful vocalizing of Hollywood classics with a tepid surround mix.

https://www.discogs.com/release/2058600-Barbra-Streisand-The-Movie-Album
Primary
Secondary, 2 of 3
I have been really looking for this one but 1) it's very hard to find and 2) I really don't want a second mortgage to purchase it.

Another killer through the Surround Master! LOVE this music and mix! A definite 10 from me!
View attachment 98474 My review on our 9.40 poll thread
isn't it a fabulous mix!! 💘
it's not showy with crazy panning and all that jizz 💦🤤 but it fair leaps out of the speakers into the room from the get go! 🥳 easily one of the best-decoding vintage QS mixes i've ever heard! 😍

I have been really looking for this one but 1) it's very hard to find and 2) I really don't want a second mortgage to purchase it.
it's really not worth hunting high and low or shelling out big bucks for imho, musically it's cool and i love Babs with all my heart ❤️ but the Surround mix (trying to be diplomatic...) is "understated" at best 😅

it's really not worth hunting high and low or shelling out big bucks for imho, musically it's cool and i love Babs with all my heart ❤️ but the Surround mix (trying to be diplomatic...) is "understated" at best 😅
Adam, I did find it odd that SONY chose to remix Bab's Movie Album into surround [?] as IMO, her brilliant Broadway Album would've been a better choice not to mention SONY totally ignored all Streisand's multiple albums which had heretofore been remixed into QUAD. I do hope IMPEX RECORDS which is re~releasing a lot of Columbia's back catalogue into SACD will release these and other Streisand 'early' classics .......They ALL deserve to be heard!

Last edited:
TONY MOTTOLA • TONY AND STRINGS & CLOSE TO YOU[SACD Hybrid Multi-Channel]

TONY MOTTOLA • TONY AND STRINGS & CLOSE TO YOU​

[SACD Hybrid Multi-Channel]

A nice surprise from D~V from the [elusive] archives of Enoch Light's Project 3 label in stunning discrete sonics from the original analogue masters. It may be disguised as an exercise in 'easy listening' but Mottola's deft tones on the guitar are anything but. Love the way he juxtaposes Debussy's Afternoon of a Faun with Eden Ahbez's Nature Boy which IMO, it was always somewhat reminiscent of.

Hopefully Michael J. will mine more of Project 3's rich and varied catalogue. This QUAD SACD two~fer is recommended

Last edited:
Paul Mauriat - Penelope & Holidays [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]

Paul Mauriat - Penelope & Holidays
[SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]

At the end of a long day when the sun has set.....what better way to celebrate than pop in this generous D~V two~fer from the UMG label.

24 tracks in discrete sonics! The sound, as to be expected from Michael J .... is LUSCIOUS!

Back