Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nektar - Remember The Future LPCM Blu-ray, Something odd happening here, I played the 5.1 and my subwoofer never kicked in, I change to the Quad and the sub turns on, nothing detectable from the sub with either mix, centre does however issue forth sounds in the 5.1 but not the quad
20231124_103433.jpg

Nektar - Remember The Future LPCM Blu-ray, Something odd happening here, I played the 5.1 and my subwoofer never kicked in, I change to the Quad and the sub turns on, nothing detectable from the sub with either mix, centre does however issue forth sounds in the 5.1 but not the quad
View attachment 98625
How does the 5.1 sound overall? I haven't ordered this yet

I'm listening to Mirage now from the Camel set. I only have the first album to listen to (from the blurays in the box, not from the entire 32 disc set, I did sleep last night!)

All of the surround mixes in this set are uniformly excellent. I did listen to the Live at the Marquee 1974 cds too, and the sound was superb. This is going to take me a while, but it sure is worth it (y)

I struggled with this when I first played it yesterday (in Atmos of course) it just sounded so disjointed I wasn't enjoying it at all. This evening I reconfigured my system, again, put it back to heights from Atmos upfiring (mine are on the wall). Now everything sounds good again.
View attachment 98644

View attachment 98645
i know it's not related to what you're referring to regarding making the Heights upfiring but i'm curious as to what model your Front L&R and Surround L&R speakers are? 👀🤩

Frank Zappa OVER~NITE SENSATION [4 RBCDs/1 BD~A: ATMOS, 5.1, QUAD, Stereo] Startling GREAT remaster. Even the 4 included RBCDs are SENSATIONAL! 48 page Glossy booklet included

81g8ITlc7qL._SL1500_.jpg

Isn't it great?!! I think the Quad is sort of "boring" compared to the 5.1. Wow! The 5.1 (and Atmos obviously) sound spectacular.

Isn't it great?!! I think the Quad is sort of "boring" compared to the 5.1. Wow! The 5.1 (and Atmos obviously) sound spectacular.
Totally agree Gene. But I am really 'diggin' those 4 included RBCDs ...the sound is IMMENSE. I only paid $65* from Import CD and Amazon still wants $100. What gives with Amazon?

*with their recent 10% off sale!

Back