Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
COWBOY JUNKIES WHITES OFF EARTH NOW!! [MoFi/Multi~CH SACD] AFAIK, the only non classical title from MoFi in SURROUND and IMO, a GREAT SUCCESS.

The Junkies cover tunes from Lightnin' Hopkins, Bruce Springsteen, Robert Johnson, Bukka White, John Lee Hooker and one Margo/Michael Timmins original. Am playing it on my new system and the sonics are EXTRAORDINARY .....

https://www.discogs.com/release/2846955-Cowboy-Junkies-Whites-Off-Earth-Now
Primary
Yes Ralphie, excellent to say the least.
A MOFI MCH, you don't see too many of those.
I listened to this at work on my stereo Tidal and loved the music so I found a copy used on Amazon for $35.00.
Can't wait to hear it and can't wait to see some pictures of your growing little baby. PM me if you have pictures and text you would like to share.

Yes Ralphie, excellent to say the least.
A MOFI MCH, you don't see too many of those.
I listened to this at work on my stereo Tidal and loved the music so I found a copy used on Amazon for $35.00.
Can't wait to hear it and can't wait to see some pictures of your growing little baby. PM me if you have pictures and text you would like to share.
Will do Markie as soon as everything is finished and back in place. A unique 'journey' for sure. But I can't stress enough the importance of matching speakers front and back. Am currently playing my huge pile of MQA encoded discs through the SUPER DSP mode of my Meridian 861 v.8 pre/pro and having never heard the surround master, this probably closely approximates the discrete swirling effect of the SM3 utilizing HDMI into Meridian's unique 722 Switching box which is not only a switcher but finesses the incoming HDMI signal to great effect.

Am currently listening to the DTS version of POCO's Crazy Eyes and have NEVER EVER heard it sound so HOLOGRAPHIC ..... the rear right channel is projecting the guitar solos way into the bowels of my listening space .... and the entire album sounds AUDIOPHILE .... something I never experienced on previous systems!

Poco - Crazy Eyes (5.1 Surround DTS, CD) | Discogs

Gato Barbieri CHAPTER TWO: HASTA SIEMPRE [Impulse RBCD/QS encoded] One of Impulse's 'single inventory' QS/Stereo compatible recordings which translates exceptionally well through my pre/pro's DSP SUPER mode and should decode 'brilliantly' on Chucky's SM3 .....When I state that things were swirling all around is hardly overstating it!. Literally 'freaked me OUT!'

Chapter 2/ Hasta Siempre. Impulse AS-9263 (QS), 28 675 ET (QS) [Germany],
AS-9.263 (QS) [France]

R.9ae3ed282465a32a208be6a4a4dd2a41

Last edited:
This one's for @Sonik Wiz : I've opened up the front and back windows, turned my receiver up to 11, and i'm CRANKING "The Golden Age of Rock & Roll." It's so LOUD that my dolls–action figures–are bouncing on the LP shelves! Mott and i are saying good-bye to 2023 . . . i wonder if the neighbors want to say good-bye to Mott and me! Btw: i think this LP is mint! It's shiny and so quiet–nary a crackle or pop! Rock & "Roll Away the Stone"!
Screenshot 2023-12-28 at 9.55.51 AM.png
7.00 on our poll thread
https://www.discogs.com/release/27420153-Mott-The-Hoople-The-Hoople

This one's for @Sonik Wiz : I've opened up the front and back windows, turned my receiver up to 11, and i'm CRANKING "The Golden Age of Rock & Roll." It's so LOUD that my dolls–action figures–are bouncing on the LP shelves! Mott and i are saying good-bye to 2023 . . . i wonder if the neighbors want to say good-bye to Mott and me! Btw: i think this LP is mint! It's shiny and so quiet–nary a crackle or pop! Rock & "Roll Away the Stone"!
View attachment 99723 7.00 on our poll thread
https://www.discogs.com/release/27420153-Mott-The-Hoople-The-Hoople
Coincidentally, Clem I fired up these puppies this week in extraordinary QUAD/STEREO sonics from Watford's esteemed Wizard

Mott the Hoople • The Hoople, All the Young Dudes & Mott [SACD Hybrid Multi-Channel/Stereo]

Mott the Hoople • The Hoople, All the Young Dudes & Mott
[SACD Hybrid Multi-Channel/Stereo]

I'm really digging this Message
View attachment 99716 8.33 on our poll thread
Wow, had no idea it made to surround, I love Redbone, have close to all there CD's.
The brand new Chevy commercials playing these days is a Redbone song called, Come And Get Your Love. I am wondering if it will make it as long as Bob Segers, Like A Rock which lasted on Chevy commercials for years.

Back