Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Junior Wells - Come On In This House (SACD 5.1)
OC02NDg1LmpwZWc.jpeg

Such a great Tull release and what a wonderful job done in this reissue format! Of the different live concerts released with the different reissues, this 1975 concert in France finds the Tull at their absolute peak IMO. The sound and performance are simply breathtaking and I can't imagine why this was never released as an "official" live statement. Bursting Out released 3 years later pales in comparison...

Just arrived at my house in the UK, posted in Germany on the 14th, I went for the box set, the first time ever hearing this album even though I have from "Nightlife" to "Thunder and Lightning" on vinyl I never ventured this far back. I am loving the music, it's unmistakeably Thin Lizzy, listening in Atmos 7.1.4 the sound has a good tone, but I would like to hear a bit more from behind me, a decent effort though.
20231230_183217.jpg

Last edited:
Jacob Kellermann [guitar] Christian Karlsen conducting the London Philharmonic Orchestra/Norrbotten NEO Rodrigo: Concierto de Aranjuez and works by Francisco Coll & Pete Harden [BIS/Multi~CH SACD 5.0] IMO, one of the most exquisite renderings of the Concierto I have ever heard in absolutely ravishing sonics! OTOH, the Coll and Harden compositions are avant garde in nature but show off the guitar artistry of Kellerman and members of the Norrbotten NEO! Highest Recommendation

910kXqvHa0L._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Jacob Kellermann [guitar] Christian Karlsen conducting the London Philharmonic Orchestra/Norrbotten NEO Rodrigo: Concierto de Aranjuez and works by Francisco Coll & Pete Harden [BIS/Multi~CH SACD 5.0] IMO, one of the most exquisite renderings of the Concierto I have ever heard in absolutely ravishing sonics! OTOH, the Coll and Harden compositions are avant garde in nature but show off the guitar artistry of Kellerman and members of the Norrbotten NEO! Highest Recommendation

910kXqvHa0L._SL1500_.jpg
Where did you find this, Ralph? I adore the Concierto, and your reco-RAM-dation makes it a MUST-OWN!

Back