New Pink Floyd reissues possibly with surround...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/interview/pink-floyd-update-andy-jackson-qa-re-immersion-editions/

"The BluRay discs in both the Dark Side of the Moon Immersion Edition and Wish You Were Here Immersion Editions WILL feature h-res Quad Mixes and hi-re Stereo Mixes contrary to the current press release/ online track listings. This has been personally confirmed by Andy Jackson."

I wonder if this is because of the number of complaints sent to EMI about their "High Resolution" Dolby Digital streams?
Either way it is good news.....

Great news! I see that the article (superdeluxeedition.com seems like a cool site, by the way) got mentioned on the whypinkfloyd site over the weekend, too.

If it turns out to be accurate, which it sure looks like it is, then it bumps these from "want to buy" to "must buy" for me.

Just got an Oppo Blu-ray player so i can get these (y)(y)(y)

Especially now that the quad is on the Blu-ray..(y)(y)(y)

The Acoustic Sound's website has several listing for WYWH - vinyl, Immersion Box Set, straight CD and the two-disc Experience Version. However I did not see any 5.1 SACD on their Analogue Productions label. I sent them an inquiry asking if the project was still on. Did anyone hear otherwise?

[Update: Acoustic Sounds responded to my inquiry and confirmed that they are still doing WYWH in SACD.]

Last edited:
just wanna let you know that amazon.ca does offer $113.99 per box.
i guess they are giving away scarves for free :)

If the WYWH sacd includes the quad mix I'm in.
I hope eventually the blurays will be sold seperately. I have enuf scarves.

The Acoustic Sound Web site has added all the "Why Pink Floyd" stuff, except no SACD of WYWH yet. Why does that worry me?

They also used the wrong release date for The Wall Immersion box set.

Spence

The Acoustic Sound Web site has added all the "Why Pink Floyd" stuff, except no SACD of WYWH yet. Why does that worry me?

They also used the wrong release date for The Wall Immersion box set.

Spence

I thought I read somewhere that someone e-mailed Acoustic Sounds and were assured it was happening. Of course we'll all believe it when were playing the WYWH SACD in our players. We never got the Stephen Stills DVD-Audio and Amazon UK was even taking orders from its costumers.

I thought it was listed on the Immersion version info that the Parsons quad mix will be included.

I thought it was listed on the Immersion version info that the Parsons quad mix will be included.

You must be thinking of the DSOTM quad mix by Alan Parsons. I don't think it has been revealed who actually did the quad mix of WYWH. It wasn't Parsons, as he parted ways with Pink Floyd beforehand.

Can I get a long and short of what's actually being released here? I tried reading everything through, but you guys just confuse me more and more as I read. lLOL!

So, the Wall = No surround mix, right? WYWH, why can't I find the SACD on acoustic sounds? :(

Can I get a long and short of what's actually being released here? I tried reading everything through, but you guys just confuse me more and more as I read. lLOL!

So, the Wall = No surround mix, right? WYWH, why can't I find the SACD on acoustic sounds? :(

"The Wall" has no surround, but will have Hi-Rez Stereo on BR. WYWH and DSOTM box sets will both have the Quadraphonic 1970s mixes :banana:along with the 2000s 5.1 mixes, WYWH having the unreleased 5.1 mix, all on Hi-Rez BR (although the Quadraphonic mixes are not listed yet as being on the BR). Acoustic Sounds is supposed to have a SACD version of WYWH, no pre-orders yet. DSOTM box set coming in about a month on September 27, 2011. WYWH coming out on November 8, 2011. Both box sets will have the original 1970s Quadraphonic mixes officially released by Pink Floyd in a modern format for the first time! Although SQ records and Q8 were/are modern formats. :)

Amazon U.S.:

The Dark Side Of The Moon - Immersion Box Set [Box Set]

Wish You Were Here - Immersion Box Set [Box Set]

Speculation:
Prices should come down on Box sets either right before or sometime after release on Amazon or elsewhere. Also, it's possible, as common sense would tell you, that the SACD of WYWH might not come out until the WYWH box set has had a chance to sell for a bit.

Now listed on Acoustic Sounds
i'm wondering this mix is done in the same manner as previous 5.1 DSOTM
and how they plan to distribute this print? will be it sold by retailers like amazon and such,
like previous print of DSOTM or limited to few smaller i-net sellers?
some time ago i have seen info that DSOTM SACD in 2009 has reached 800 000 sold copies
which seems like quite impressive number for such exclusive format.

We'll see soon enough - both pre ordered here. Cancelled The Wall when I realised there was no 5.1

I just cancelled too.:( But not just because of no 5.1, also because there should be a hi res full length concert video. The wall box is pretty pathetic really.

I hope they make up for it with a quad and 5.1 Animals done by SW. We can dream!

Hello. So, my quandry is whether to get the SACD, or the Immersion with the Blu-Ray. I really don't care about all the extras, just want great sound. Which format should I choose? Help, all QQ'rs, please! Thanks.

Back