Oppo club

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Silly question time... does anyone have any extra OPPO remotes that they might be interested in selling? I have a
BDP-83 and BDP-93, both bought used, that came with a universal remote that doesn't get all the functions, and I need some of the ones the universal remote won't cover. Thanks in advance, if anyone can help.
Oppo Original Remote
Oppo Original Remote

Does anybody know which Oppo Media Control app will run on an actual Android? The version 1.2.0 will not install on my Google Pixel 8 phine.

Does anybody know which Oppo Media Control app will run on an actual Android? The version 1.2.0 will not install on my Google Pixel 8 phine.
On my phone is version 4.0.3 but haven’t used it for a while as using iPad, but can’t check if it’s still working at the moment as not with my Oppo. Will try it tomorrow and advise if still working.

During installation of the latest 1.2.0 for an 20x Player, the operating system Android says simply, that this app is not compatible. So no installation is possible on current Android 14.

That’s disappointing just checked mine albeit for a 105 and glad to say version 4.0.3 still works however fairly old phone still on android 12, but as it’s really only used as a phone
( installed the Oppo app as backup in case iOS has problems) that’s no problem, use my iPad for most other things.

After some research, I discovered that the Oppo apps for media and remote control can no longer be installed on newer Android OS. They already disappeared in the Googke app store. Very sad.

During installation of the latest 1.2.0 for an 20x Player, the operating system Android says simply, that this app is not compatible. So no installation is possible on current Android 14.
Yes, this is most annoying (just like the fact that Oppo does not make players anymore).

Fortunately I had an older 5G Android phone with an older OS almost bricked in a failed attempt to try to upgrade it to VOLTE like the models in other regions and was about to throw it out. It has saved me from having to have my TV on all the time when I just want to listen to music. I'd be lost without it. Just have to remember to never update it! Although it does the job, I wish someone would do a newer version, even if it was not the Google store.

Last edited:
I had to send one of mine in for service, and they told me they didn't have any more remotes. The universal type that came with one of mine doesn't cover all the functions I need. I can't get into having it play from USB.
I can get to the USB sticks in my Oppo by navigating to “Music” or “Movie” on the main menu screen. Just the arrow and select keys. I’m using a Logitech Harmony.

That's why I ordered a real OPPO remote, as soon as I found one.
Well, I have about seven or eight remotes stashed in a drawer in case I need them. Batteries removed. But that’s certainly a rarity these days. My Harmony remote has arrow keys like almost every other “universal” remote, so navigating the Oppo’s home menu is exactly like using the Oppo’s remote.

No idea what control you’re using, but it’s never a bad idea to have the real thing.

Back