So How Many Oppos Do You Own?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are still in business. After I inquired about my 970hd, 83 & 93, they sent me 3 links to buy out of warranty service for each of them. The 83 & 93 are $119.00ea and the 970HD is $59.00, basically $300.00 for parts and labor plus return shipping. It's great to have service still on these units. Shoot the 970HD is 18 Years old.
Just an update, I sent in units to OPPO the end of last week, and I got them back 9-12-24. On the 970HD they replaced the optical unit and upgraded to latest firmware. On the 83 they cleaned and repaired the disc loader and on the 93 they cleaned and repaired the disc loader and replaced the decoder board and upgraded the firmware.
It is great to have these units now in top shape.

Just an update, I sent in units to OPPO the end of last week, and I got them back 9-12-24. On the 970HD they replaced the optical unit and upgraded to latest firmware. On the 83 they cleaned and repaired the disc loader and on the 93 they cleaned and repaired the disc loader and replaced the decoder board and upgraded the firmware.
It is great to have these units now in top shape.
Man that is awesome! Reassuring to know that Oppo is still taking care of us! So far all good. And two of the three we have are played pretty often. Thank you for posting! Mike

Perhaps I should send in my 970 for an overhaul
It's been stored for several years but was working fine when replaced by a 95.
Which in turn went into a box when replaced by a 205.....

They're taking care of you in the US. The rest of the world not so much.
Well then Owen, what's stopping you and your family from giving up your British roots and relocating to the Great Lone State of TEXAS, USA? Within two weeks you'll be lassoing cattle and substituting your British accent for a Texas Twang! YAHOO!

They're taking care of you in the US. The rest of the world not so much.
But but Owen...you had the Beatles and James Bond....you must have known that someday you would have to pay for those riches...I could go on and on....The Rolling Stones and we got the Flintstones....be reasonable :dance

But but Owen...you had the Beatles and James Bond....you must have known that someday you would have to pay for those riches...I could go on and on....The Rolling Stones and we got the Flintstones....be reasonable :dance
RIGHT~O, Clinty. Besides THEY have the flamboyant Ringo Starr

Ringo - The Beatles Photo (40395815) - Fanpop

And we had...er, MOE

Celebrities Final Resting Places: Moe Howard (1897-1975)

Back