Peter Gabriel I/O (2CD/Blu-Ray with Dolby Atmos mix out 12/1!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
December "random?" Hardly! In the U.S., it's probably the biggest month for retail due to our commercialized Christmas holiday.
I've kept a record on an excel file of all releases (movies, music, tv shows, etc.) as well as the date when I digested it, and I dont have any big album being released in december for the past 10 years.

I've kept a record on an excel file of all releases (movies, music, tv shows, etc.) as well as the date when I digested it, and I dont have any big album being released in december for the past 10 years.

Not surprising. The Thanksgiving weekend is the biggest shopping weekend of the year. Record companies will want any major year-end releases available for sale at that time. Artists who aren't going to sell a lot of copies of their latest album (and Gabriel now falls into that category) will not want to get lost in the shuffle of all the big releases that record companies try to push before Thanksgiving. Typically those artists will wait until after the holiday season is over to release something new. So I wouldn't be surprised to see Peter release physical copies of the album sometime in January or February. So yes, December is usually a dead time for new releases.

The last full moon of December is on the 26th and I guess this is when the last song will be released. I doubt Peter will release the record on the very last days of the year, maybe it'll get a February release after all the Christmas frenziness.
I hope I'm proven wrong, I'd buy the album without a single hesitation if it was released tomorrow.

Ooooh......this is a bouncy little number. I like it! Can't wait for the Atmos mix. :cool:

Man is there anything different about the volume on this one? I started to sample the song on my computer, at a relatively low level, and it nearly blew me out of my chair (especially the Bass.)

*edit - probably the difference between the stereo and the Atmos levels?

Last edited:
Man is there anything different about the volume on this one? I started to sample the song on my computer, at a relatively low level, and it nearly blew me out of my chair (especially the Bass.)

*edit - probably the difference between the stereo and the Atmos levels?
It looks you always listen streaming in Atmos. And forgot the issue of volume levels :ROFLMAO:

Way back in March he said "there’s probably 20 or so new things"
https://www.uncut.co.uk/features/i-may-just-keep-going-peter-gabriel-interviewed-142012/The womad i/o atmos listening session had 12 tracks.
This site mentions two or three other titles. Genesis News Com [it]: Peter Gabriel - The Making Of I/O
Who knows, but seems like 16 to 18 songs is more likely.
If I was running the show I would release one LP "i" in November with the current 8 songs. Anything longer than 42 minutes diminishes record fidelity.
Then release a second LP "o" next year with the remaining songs.
:dance

Added to my playlist, we’re up to 43 minutes of new Peter Gabriel in Atmos! Since he said there’s more tracks that will be released on this moon-cycle-timeline than there are on the album, I wonder just how much we’re getting…
There was a post earlier in the thread that listed the 12 tracks that will be on the album. There are 13 full moons a year, My guess is at least a baker's dozen.

Back