Peter Gabriel I/O (2CD/Blu-Ray with Dolby Atmos mix out 12/1!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Added to my playlist, we’re up to 43 minutes of new Peter Gabriel in Atmos! Since he said there’s more tracks that will be released on this moon-cycle-timeline than there are on the album, I wonder just how much we’re getting…
I have six new songs (Apple), how many do you have for the 43 minutes?

I've avoided checking out any of the new tunes. Are any worth a dabble?
When is the actual album dropping?
Mike - my goodness! IMO these are the most thoughtful and well-executed atmos mixes there are. Buff adds tracks to all of the songs to make them even more surround-worthy.
No one knows when. There are 8 incredible songs currently (in atmos). The order they've been released is basically the same as they will be. Technically it was already played in full:
Order: / Peter Gabriel: i/o album tracklist revealed

Mike - my goodness! IMO these are the most thoughtful and well-executed atmos mixes there are. Buff adds tracks to all of the songs to make them even more surround-worthy.
No one knows when. There are 8 incredible songs currently (in atmos). The order they've been released is basically the same as they will be. Technically it was already played in full:
Order: / Peter Gabriel: i/o album tracklist revealed
Excellent info! Looks like the moon cycle thing ends in November. Maybe an album announcement will happen around then?
Given that I do not have much spare time... is there one song, already released, that might be the strongest gateway track?

Thanks so much, I don't know how you do it.
I was searching earlier and the only Atmos that came up was Olive Tree?
I absolutely hate Apple UI
Usually Apple’s UI is better, but this is admittedly an odd (and somewhat annoying) roll out of singles.

For most of them, if you load up any version and scroll down you’ll see “other versions”, which should have the two alternate versions. Essentially the same UI bit for selecting between normal, deluxe, super deluxe etc versions of albums.
I just checked the singles “other versions” for the “In-Side” mix, and added to playlist

I just checked the singles “other versions” for the “In-Side” mix, and added to playlist
Thanks again, but I got to ask, what's with all the cryptic naming?
Bright side, Dark Side, In-side? Why not just name them for what they are,
2ch, Atmos, etc. It's like they take joy from the pain they put us thru. LOL

Thanks again, but I got to ask, what's with all the cryptic naming?
Bright side, Dark Side, In-side? Why not just name them for what they are,
2ch, Atmos, etc. It's like they take joy from the pain they put us thru. LOL
My understanding is PG wanted to work with two mixing/mastering engineers (Mark Stent & Tchad Blake) who both had pretty different ways of tackling each track so he said screw it why not both. So Mark is responsible for the bright side mixes, Tchad is responsible for the dark side mixes, and when they got around to putting it all out they were like “why not three” and got someone else (Hans-Martin Buff) for the in-side mixes.

Back