Peter Gabriel I/O (2CD/Blu-Ray with Dolby Atmos mix out 12/1!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I listened to the Dark Side mix of Panopiticom on YouTube (with an amazing video).

This has the potential to be an amazing ATMOS mix.

Not familiar with Hans-Martin Buff. What's his track record?

I listened to the Dark Side mix of Panopiticom on YouTube (with an amazing video).

This has the potential to be an amazing ATMOS mix.

Not familiar with Hans-Martin Buff. What's his track record?
the Atmos mixes for most of the album are already streaming and they sound fantastic!
this is definitely going to be one of the best (new) releases of the year!

:)

Not that I can see. It's what I'd prefer since I don't have Atmos.

Burning Shed price is down to £14.99.
Atmos mix can “fold” down to 7.1, 5.1 and even Stereo if you don’t have the required hardware/speakers…although I’m not exactly sure how that would sound. I agree that a dedicated 5.1 mix would always be the best solution.

I've not heard any of the mixes and when I get the Bluray, I'll be listening to the 5.1/ Atmos. But I'm intrigued, what is the difference between the two stereo mixes? I'm guessing it's more about a different 'feel' than being radically different to each other?

pre-ordered through Gabriel's site - the freight to the US was 88 pounds, and they charged the full amount (I ordered LPs and the CD/BluRay set as well), even though the box set won't ship until March.

Last edited:
Back