Rhino Quadio Batch 5 for August 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah but they gotta start repeating artists at some point. What better than with a previously unreleased quad? FR knows this place would go wild for it!
Right and true. But I'd expect repeats when they have issued more non-repeats first. Quite a few to do first right?
MJQ, Mann, Ellington, Midler, Taylor, Simon, Purple, and unreleased Rod, Foghat, etc.

I can't see a fault in that.....
as long as they make it quad.
No fault in it. Just don’t see any reason why this would be a harbinger of more new quad mixes to come. Unless maybe under similar circumstances (one mix needed to complete a set that also included Atmos mixes)

The other options would have been release the box with 4 Atmos and 3 quad mixes. Or the box only included 3 discs and the 4th released Atmos only or not at all.

No fault in it. Just don’t see any reason why this would be a harbinger of more new quad mixes to come. Unless maybe under similar circumstances (one mix needed to complete a set that also included Atmos mixes)

The other options would have been release the box with 4 Atmos and 3 quad mixes. Or the box only included 3 discs and the 4th released Atmos only or not at all.

No Atmos please , this is a quadio/quadraphonic program.

Right and true. But I'd expect repeats when they have issued more non-repeats first. Quite a few to do first right?
MJQ, Mann, Ellington, Midler, Taylor, Simon, Purple, and unreleased Rod, Foghat, etc.
They are also running short on rock albums to release. And we don’t know the restrictions that may exist with any of those other artists. We know Geils is available

They are also running short on rock albums to release. And we don’t know the restrictions that may exist with any of those other artists. We know Geils is available
We do? I can see it getting cleared, but we don't know it has been cleared. Lots of bad blood in that band's family.

I know it's been on CD before. I was talking about the quad mix.

FR has said the next batch will include albums with mixes not yet released.

Unless the quad mix has been released before, I see no reason why it wouldn't be chosen ahead of the Gates album. His albums may, indeed, be very good but "Baby" would certainly be more of a sure thing for sales.
Baby I'm a Want You was released on CD-4, Q4 (I have both) and most likely Q8 as well. Mixes that were never released are anyone's guess!

Baby I'm a Want You was released on CD-4, Q4 (I have both) and most likely Q8 as well. Mixes that were never released are anyone's guess!
I know the quad mix was released in the 70s. That’s not what FR meant when he said the batch would only include quad mixes not released before. He meant not released in a digital format. Sorry I wasn’t more specific. I thought that was simply understood in the thread. My bad.

I know the quad mix was released in the 70s. That’s not what FR meant when he said the batch would only include quad mixes not released before. He meant not released in a digital format. Sorry I wasn’t more specific. I thought that was simply understood in the thread. My bad.
That is not much of a clue, most of the Quadio's so far have never been released before in digital format. Off the top of my head "Chicago Transit Authority" is the only one released more than once, first as a DTS DVD then as part of the Chicago Box set.

Back