Ricky's Audio Video Barn Build Project

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am using these "Mi" lamps in my theater;
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2044666962...sHT+0R5/pdwsd4wXbS6bILZ+Ae|tkp:Bk9SR_7Rk9eIZA

I have the MR16 12 volt version and am using them in conjunction with two runs of low voltage cable rail and an 8 channel remote. Saves me a lot of AC wiring (just one switched ac feed to each cable rail transformer)
I have 8 down firing (as "house" lights) and 10 more that spotlight things on the walls and my equipment racks, record storage, and movie posters. The remote allows me to control them in zones, do white and 4 colors on different areas. Easy to re-aim and change if needed. They have been very reliable so far (2 years)

I am using these "Mi" lamps in my theater;
https://www.ebay.com/itm/204466696275?itmmeta=01J12Q4X3TXQ9YZME703D4GBP7&hash=item2f9b2a3053:g:9~EAAOSwEWNcuDP6&itmprp=enc:AQAJAAAA4PpfuQIVY27VC/LqGXho74EBvoPCzJwiHlsQQQNlXJlS4StYghaUZL8M152kMK0aoCUFLbAzAnZzT0ZchGci2T16grhj3N5UjhHwOwZdn4gm6g9P9IjcVFeDUhgBCTw6XUZ5ckHwl7HYim8pXA9Cn8m8lC6IP6IzfmOtA3s46Qo2addoLs7+y2OW+kkQRt2/GELeDxBaldab677qhkTusE0YS0i2vbkPyv1HNiS5eOLarmqe8yor+t0Cdkp6Dq6Rz6msPvizROJqInFyRrsHT+0R5/pdwsd4wXbS6bILZ+Ae|tkp:Bk9SR_7Rk9eIZA

I have the MR16 12 volt version and am using them in conjunction with two runs of low voltage cable rail and an 8 channel remote. Saves me a lot of AC wiring (just one switched ac feed to each cable rail transformer)
I have 8 down firing (as "house" lights) and 10 more that spotlight things on the walls and my equipment racks, record storage, and movie posters. The remote allows me to control them in zones, do white and 4 colors on different areas. Easy to re-aim and change if needed. They have been very reliable so far (2 years)
I should add, very quiet, almost no heat produced, and no interference w audio that I can detect.

Here's my lighting. I think looks kind of "Hi-Tech" but I know tastes vary.
C:\Users\jmpro\Desktop\IMG_3947.JPG
IMG_3947.JPG

Not tempted to go old school with a 4.0 quad setup on the porch? Just imagine listening to The Doors with a lightning storm for real...
that would be cool Owen but..............
And wanted to do a nice Atmos 5.1.2 in the house also but...........

Im done spending monies on redundancies
One grandiose kid inheritance busting system is enough

The 2 channel on the porch is being done because I already own the amp and speakers

that would be cool Owen but..............
And wanted to do a nice Atmos 5.1.2 in the house also but...........

Im done spending monies on redundancies
One grandiose kid inheritance busting system is enough

The 2 channel on the porch is being done because I already own the amp and speakers
You can still listen to Riders on the Storm during a storm on the porch. Atmos provided by Mother Nature. Not Dobly. Yup.

Last edited:
Stereo, 5.1 or what on the porch?
I think the 5.1 is going in the barn. Has some very discerning horses you know! Along with the 105" flat screen so they can watch Mr Ed reruns! Got to keep the kids happy.
But I think Parts Express has some nice in-the-ground speakers for in front of the porch ambience!

I think the 5.1 is going in the barn. Has some very discerning horses you know! Along with the 105" flat screen so they can watch Mr Ed reruns! Got to keep the kids happy.
The barn is something like 9.4.6 Ricky said earlier.

Hey @cbmmm3, what thought process went into putting the AV system in the barn rather than in the house in the living room? I don't think you've gone into that and I would be interested to hear. If you're just watching TV will that be in the house in stereo or 5.1 or what?

Back