Ricky's Audio Video Barn Build Project

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The barn is something like 9.4.6 Ricky said earlier.

Hey @cbmmm3, what thought process went into putting the AV system in the barn rather than in the house in the living room? I don't think you've gone into that and I would be interested to hear. If you're just watching TV will that be in the house in stereo or 5.1 or what?
Now look what I've done! Oh well.

The barn is something like 9.4.6 Ricky said earlier.

Hey @cbmmm3, what thought process went into putting the AV system in the barn rather than in the house in the living room? I don't think you've gone into that and I would be interested to hear. If you're just watching TV will that be in the house in stereo or 5.1 or what?
Owen
the house was prohibited by Mrs Cbmmm3.
which is all and well because I will be able to enjoy volume levels not currently allowed

And let me add one more factor - I own A LOT of physical media ( not as much as QuadLinda or 4 Ears Ralphie ) and wife wants it out of the house.
So - viola - a media barn

Last edited:
Owen
the house was prohibited by Mrs Cbmmm3.
which is all and well because I will be able to enjoy volume levels not currently allowed

And let me add one more factor - I own A LOT of physical media ( not as much as QuadLinda or 4 Ears Ralphie ) and wife wants it out of the house.
So - viola - a media barn
Funny how that works. As I've said before, a few weeks before my wife retired I moved all the audio into a bedroom.
Smaller space but I don't get hassled about it.

So if you're watching TV with the Mrs it will be just the speakers in the TV itself? I can't imagine how awful that will sound.
I am sure Mrs. Rickie would not mind a nice sound bar at all. No space, they look nice and when watching TV with wife all that is important is dialog.
I don't think my wife even knows how to hear effects and music :ROFLMAO:

I am sure Mrs. Rickie would not mind a nice sound bar at all. No space, they look nice and when watching TV with wife all that is important is dialog.
At my parents it's actually my mum that complains the sound quality is inadequate and that not only is dialogue a problem but the effects and music are hard to hear. I'm doing what I can to help her, but she won't tolerate separate speakers either on stands or floor standing and it's too late to fit ceiling speakers (room decorations all finished). I've got hifi stereo speakers laid on their sides in the TV stand, but the best that can be said of the sound is it's better than most soundbars. The speakers are in the corner and rear ported so bass booms (tamed somewhat by tone controls), and the speakers are on the bottom shelf so near the laminate floor (there is a rug) and reflect. The speakers would be better on the higher shelf but mum refuses to reach down to floor level for the controls on the hifi (they don't like using remote controls). I'm swapping the speakers for some front ported ones that are better quality, but that's as much as I can do given her constraints. Stupid thing is there's loads of room for proper speaker stands or floorstanders, but mum won't have it.

how much effect can you get / want from QVC, Little House On The Prairie reruns and The Incredible Doctor Pol ? yup - thats her channels
She IS getting a Sonos soundbar and sub

how much effect can you get / want from QVC, Little House On The Prairie reruns and The Incredible Doctor Pol ? yup - thats her channels
She IS getting a Sonos soundbar and sub
In case you haven't heard Ricko, Little House is being remastered in 4K widescreen replete with a new Dolby ATMOS soundtrack! LOL!

Movie Market - Photograph & Poster of Little House on the Prairie 282270

Back