Ricky's Audio Video Barn Build Project

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can always sell off those MQA discs for 10 cents on the dollar!

MQA letter logo design with polygon shape. MQA polygon and cube shape ...

BARN 🛖 SALE .... ALL Japanese encoded MQA discs with obi strips $.99 EACH
🧛‍♂️ DEAD FORMATS MAKE MY BLOOD CURDLE!

Last edited:
Actually, Im not quite sure how I am going to accessorize the barn. Im prolly going to wait til the project is done. Learn to breathe again, see if there is any money left - and then Ill tackle. The one thing that is perplexing me - I want to show a lot of the physical media that I own on one wall - kind of like when you walk in to a record store. But what I want to show are the many box sets that I have. How do I do this ? Slatwall ? Any suggestions ? And some of those sets are big and heavy - i.e Rush Hemispheres ( S Wilson ) etc. Any thoughts or suggestions ?

So Ricky, what is Mrs. Ricky getting out of all of this? Let me guess, the whole house is for her while that "little" barn is for you.

AARP was a big pusher of Obamacare because they made 2.8 billion off of it.
All insurance companies bleed us. But any statement combining AARP and the military (like the one you quoted) is absurd. That sounds more like USAA.
And bitch all you will about AARP, I've been a member since I was 50 and saved a lot of money on car insurance, and in recent years home insurance.
In fact home insurance in Florida is getting out of hand in some areas, if you can afford it alll. Thankfully I can still get decent rates.

Actually, Im not quite sure how I am going to accessorize the barn. Im prolly going to wait til the project is done. Learn to breathe again, see if there is any money left - and then Ill tackle. The one thing that is perplexing me - I want to show a lot of the physical media that I own on one wall - kind of like when you walk in to a record store. But what I want to show are the many box sets that I have. How do I do this ? Slatwall ? Any suggestions ? And some of those sets are big and heavy - i.e Rush Hemispheres ( S Wilson ) etc. Any thoughts or suggestions ?
Ricky, we are living through you so where are all the pictures? We need pictures, lol! When we built our house 20 years ago we too video clips everyday to see the changes over time. After the house was finished we had a complete movie of the daily progress and it was really fun to watch.

🧛‍♂️ DEAD FORMATS MAKE MY BLOOD CURDLE!
That one was still-born. :p
It just took a while for many of the more serious science based audiophiles to show
the world community what a hoax MQA was from the beginning. Just another case of
the "high end" audio media selling their readers a bill-of-goods for the fun and profit
of a few. :mad:

I can’t say if this will work for you or not, but I put media shelves (mostly LPs) along one wall, and I have half a dozen framed album covers as art on the walls, along with several other pictures. Pics are late in the build blog in my sig.

My Dad, short guy up front just left of the one holding the flag. 101st Airborne. Well stocked with grenades.

View attachment 107244
Great photo!
Here's one of my dad in Japan. An infantryman with the Americal Divison, he fought his way across the islands from New Caledonia, Philippe's, New Guinea, etc and after the surrender became part of Japans occupying forces until his discharge. (The Greatest Generation for sure).
I wish I would have asked him why he wrote "me" on the bottom, didn't he think his folks would recognize him? LOL
20211103_090338.jpg

Great photo!
Here's one of my dad in Japan. An infantryman with the Americal Divison, he fought his way across the islands from New Caledonia, Philippe's, New Guinea, etc and after the surrender became part of Japans occupying forces until his discharge. (The Greatest Generation for sure).
I wish I would have asked him why he wrote "me" on the bottom, didn't he think his folks would recognize him? LOL
View attachment 107249
I dunno, but folks from that generation, and older often wrote on photographs about who and sometimes when. My grandma was an avid photo taker, and thank god, she wrote who folks were, even if it were her. Those photos have been passed on to me (my dad is dead). No chance I would recognize my grandma as a teenager unless the photo told me so.

Now, if she had simply wrote "me".....hmmm. Not sure how that would translate.

I dunno, but folks from that generation, and older often wrote on photographs about who and sometimes when. My grandma was an avid photo taker, and thank god, she wrote who folks were, even if it were her. Those photos have been passed on to me (my dad is dead). No chance I would recognize my grandma as a teenager unless the photo told me so.

Now, if she had simply wrote "me".....hmmm. Not sure how that would translate.
I have three boxes of photos from my mom, who passed away in April. There are a few annotations on some of them, but a lot of them are going to be pictures of people I don't know.

It's a winter project to scan them and put any of those notes in the metadata, then pass them (in USB sticks) to her granddaughters.

Back