Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scrub-a-dub! Worked my way through another thirty albums and singles whilst sitting in the sweet spot of my Quad setup! SM v.2!
They don't spin by them selves at that price point. Human hands go CW/CCW. Takes some dedication.
You could probably buy one of those old BSR McDonald record changers with the really long spindle; put the entire record changer on its side; adjust the height with books and cardboard; use some Fun Tak to secure the LP to the spindle; then let it rip. Is that Rube Goldberg enough?

Wow, can't believe I've never heard of that one.
I KNOW, right? 1978. Hmm. That was the year I think, that I wrecked my 68 Chevelle. I custom built a 64 Vette 327 and dropped in it, took out the Powerglide and put in a Turbo 400 fully rebuilt with a B&M kit. Not a dragster until about a 40mph WOT, as it still had the 3:07 rear gears. Had a equivalent of the old 30-30 Duntoff cam, sounded bad ass. Had all white seats and black carpet from factory. Purty.

This evening from the front windows (August 21, 2023) Love it when the clouds wrap around the face of the mountains. Rain off/on since yesterday (y)

Attachments

• _MG_8827-5.jpg
    _MG_8827-5.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
You could probably buy one of those old BSR McDonald record changers with the really long spindle; put the entire record changer on its side; adjust the height with books and cardboard; use some Fun Tak to secure the LP to the spindle; then let it rip. Is that Rube Goldberg enough?
It needs a hamster cage with drive belts to run it. Or maybe a stream of water from a bathroom tap.

It's always nice when you buy an SACD with no reviews and the SACD layer ends up having quite literally twice the dynamic range as any other issue of the album, and strangely enough, more DR than the CD layer on the very same SACD!

Last edited:
Back