Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But beware Clinty .... a lot of those MoFi titles are priced higher than list [which is $30 NOT $40]!

And ImportCD does charge s/h ......+ local sales tax!
I wasn't really looking at the prices....just the titles...good to know:) I'm still in catch up mode on here...some titles might have been announced before i came back..

But beware Clinty .... a lot of those MoFi titles are priced higher than list [which is $30 NOT $40]!

And ImportCD does charge s/h ......+ local sales tax!
I wasn't really looking at the prices....just the titles...good to know:) I'm still in catch up mode on here...some titles might have been announced before i came back..

But Ralphie, the stuff always sounds better when one overpays for it.

Evanston's home opener is tonight! Walked to the high school to pick my wife up and accompany her home . . . after a trip to the local ice cream parlo(u)r! Go Kits!
Screenshot 2023-08-25 at 8.17.29 PM.png

Evanston's home opener is tonight! Walked to the high school to pick my wife up and accompany her home . . . after a trip to the local ice cream parlo(u)r! Go Kits!
View attachment 95519
Beautiful shot comrade. The small bleacher is visitors? What size is home, sorry you have to take another picture now. Beautiful clouds. Still hot out?

But Ralphie, the stuff always sounds better when one overpays for it.
Normally I wouldn't say anything...but Ralphie is an enigma....we used to give him a hard time for the money he would spend on audio cables...no expense was spared...the same with his equipment...but he will bargain hunt with the best of them for music or video titles....that isn't what makes him so enigmatic...you know what brings a smile to his face......going to Costco and buying that huge hot dog(a quarter pound) which includes a 20oz soda(which you can refill for free).....for $1.50...and he proudly admits to it

He is a true Renaissance Man:bowing:

Beautiful shot comrade. The small bleacher is visitors? What size is home, sorry you have to take another picture now. Beautiful clouds. Still hot out?
Yup–visitors stands! I'll get the home side soon for you. Upper 70s in Evanston today. Beautiful. So is my wife. So is life. So is surround! Whoa! What was in that ice cream i ordered?!

Normally I wouldn't say anything...but Ralphie is an enigma....we used to give him a hard time for the money he would spend on audio cables...no expense was spared...the same with his equipment...but he will bargain hunt with the best of them for music or video titles....that isn't what makes him so enigmatic...you know what brings a smile to his face......going to Costco and buying that huge hot dog(a quarter pound) which includes a 20oz soda(which you can refill for free).....for $1.50...and he proudly admits to it

He is a true Renaissance Man:bowing:
That is, Clinty, until I read that eating a HOT DOG shaves a full 35 minutes off one's life expectancy! And smothered in diced onions and yellow mustard, those all beef DOGS were delectable ......but now I switched my allegiance to Costco's CHICKEN BAKE which does cost more but will no doubt be a more healthy alternative! But NO free drink nor refill ....OH well, you can't have EVERYTHING!

But being a true Renaissance Man my undying mantra is: NEVER PAY RETAIL!

Admittedly, IMO, Paul McGowan is correct! The Moodies while they did record multitrack throughout their brilliant careers never approached 'audiophile' status. Was there really any deep bass? I always did find their recordings a bit thin sounding. I REALLY wonder what Steve Wilson could elicit from those multitracks? Would definitely be worth a shot!

And having several of PS Audio's OCTAVE DSD Stereo SACD recordings ...although as Paul admits no one famous is on their rosters, the sonic quality is IMPECCABLE!

Some thoughts in increasing order of "The Truth" :ROFLMAO: :

4) The six quads of the Classic 7 albums, in spite of their warts, are a revelation compared to the stereo versions. They are much less muddy sounding.

3) Jakko's reworked high resolution stereo version of ISOTLC is magnificent when played through Surround Master Involve mode.

2) Stephen Tayler's recent 5.1 of TOCCC is a worthy remix despite the hot high end. (BTW, all recordings of this album have a hot high end to some degree.)

and most importantly, but what Paul fails to note:

1) The audio quality of The Moodies Classic 7 albums is specifically intended for people who are stoned out of their minds. At least, that is what people who indulge in such behavior have told me.

Let us not forget that last one, folks.

That is, Clinty, until I read that eating a HOT DOG shaves a full 35 minutes off one's life expectancy! And smothered in diced onions and yellow mustard, those all beef DOGS were delectable ......but now I switched my allegiance to Costco's CHICKEN BAKE which does cost more but will no doubt be a more healthy alternative! But NO free drink nor refill ....OH well, you can't have EVERYTHING!

But being a true Renaissance Man my undying mantra is: NEVER PAY RETAIL!
Dammit! I should have checked this thread before heading out to lunch! Kiss those 35 minutes goodbye!
Screenshot 2023-08-26 at 12.10.38 PM.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back