Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So this old fart gets set in his ways. My Samsung S7 cell phone did everything I wanted it to do. BUT - the darn thing is no longer supported nor is the software updated--kinda like the old Windows versions, So it was time. Yesterday we went and got this old fart a Samsung 24.
And now ?
What a royal pain in the ass !! That ol S7 knew all my passwords. The 24 dont know shit ( just like its owner )

Getting a new phone sucks

So this old fart gets set in his ways. My Samsung S7 cell phone did everything I wanted it to do. BUT - the darn thing is no longer supported nor is the software updated--kinda like the old Windows versions, So it was time. Yesterday we went and got this old fart a Samsung 24.
And now ?
What a royal pain in the ass !! That ol S7 knew all my passwords. The 24 dont know shit ( just like its owner )

Tell me. I still can't keep Outlook working on Android. Samsung-Motorola either one would keep working more than a few weeks. Then another few months to get it working again. Arrgghh!
I don't walk around with a phone in my pocket unless traveling. I'm more a pc guy. Not to be confused with politically correct.

And now ?

Identify.
...except never old...ON FIRE!

And now ?

You realize that the nerds who design / program these things...there is something inherently evil about them. They lie awake at night staring at the ceiling devising all sorts of ways they can change things just to taunt old people like us. 😵‍💫

Humid heat in Toronto. On fire except for AC.
Here in Portland, OR, too. We hit the triple digits Fahrenheit today:

IMG_1885.jpeg

And as you can see at the bottom, it only barely hits the mid-60s just after sunrise. Brutal. Thank goodness for A/C.

Heading to the Scottish Midge biting season as well - we all would get bitten, my Dad never, but he was Glaswegian!
I had to wiki that one!

The highland midge (scientific name: Culicoides impunctatus; Scots: Midgie; Scottish Gaelic: Meanbh-chuileag) is a species of biting midge found across the Palearctic (throughout the British Isles, Scandinavia, other regions of Northern Europe, Russia and Northern China) in upland and lowland areas (fens, bogs and marshes). In the north west of Scotland, and down the Western coast to north Wales, the highland midge is usually very prevalent from late spring to late summer.[1] Female highland midges are well known for gathering in clouds and biting humans, though the majority of the blood they obtain comes from cattle, sheep and deer.[2] The bite of Culicoides is felt as a sharp prick. It is often followed by irritating lumps that may disappear in a few hours or last for days, depending on the individual.

I had to wiki that one!

The highland midge (scientific name: Culicoides impunctatus; Scots: Midgie; Scottish Gaelic: Meanbh-chuileag) is a species of biting midge found across the Palearctic (throughout the British Isles, Scandinavia, other regions of Northern Europe, Russia and Northern China) in upland and lowland areas (fens, bogs and marshes). In the north west of Scotland, and down the Western coast to north Wales, the highland midge is usually very prevalent from late spring to late summer.[1] Female highland midges are well known for gathering in clouds and biting humans, though the majority of the blood they obtain comes from cattle, sheep and deer.[2] The bite of Culicoides is felt as a sharp prick. It is often followed by irritating lumps that may disappear in a few hours or last for days, depending on the individual.
Scottish midges are like mosquitos only complete bastards that hunt in groups lol

Scottish midges are like mosquitos only complete bastards that hunt in groups lol
Sounds brutal. In some years here we get Tiger Mosquitos. The difference is they seem more prone to attacking in the daytime as opposed to early morning or dusk/night. Their "bite" seems more painful. Thankfully we don't get them every year.

I had a buddy used to fish in Canada every year. He used to joke the mosquitos were so big they could carry you off. lol.

Back