Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn! Below freezing each day !
Oh...
We’re getting to about 33º or 34º every night here, and the highs not quite reaching 70º, the benefit of living at 10,000 feet of elevation. The UV is nuts this time of year, though. Here’s the temperature history at my house for the last 7 days.
IMG_1974.jpeg

We’re getting to about 33º or 34º every night here, and the highs not quite reaching 70º, the benefit of living at 10,000 feet of elevation. The UV is nuts this time of year, though. Here’s the temperature history at my house for the last 7 days.
View attachment 107404
How did you get my latest EKG?

View attachment 107404

Holy crap man! You live at 10k? That's freaking amazing.

Holy crap man! You live at 10k? That's freaking amazing.
It takes a while to get used to. My first year it was maybe 6 months before I wasn’t still awaking in the middle of the night with my heart pounding. The first few days at altitude your body can slow or shut various things down because of the lack of O2, and for me (and many others) one of the things is efficiency of food digestion. Meaning that I was super hungry and could eat a lot and still lose weight.

Some people have troubles with over-production of red blood cells, a problem that gets worse with age. One of my friends up here had to have blood drawn weekly (and couldn’t donate it, unfortunately, because of the medications he was on). He eventually had to move to a lower altitude - 6000 feet!

During COVID lots of folks bought O2 monitors (pulse oximeters). I remember freaking out the first time I used mine when it read only 92%. Turns out that is the normal value here. When I’m on a 13K or 14K peak it drops to the low 80s.

It takes a while to get used to. My first year it was maybe 6 months before I wasn’t still awaking in the middle of the night with my heart pounding. The first few days at altitude your body can slow or shut various things down because of the lack of O2, and for me (and many others) one of the things is efficiency of food digestion. Meaning that I was super hungry and could eat a lot and still lose weight.

Some people have troubles with over-production of red blood cells, a problem that gets worse with age. One of my friends up here had to have blood drawn weekly (and couldn’t donate it, unfortunately, because of the medications he was on). He eventually had to move to a lower altitude - 6000 feet!

During COVID lots of folks bought O2 monitors (pulse oximeters). I remember freaking out the first time I used mine when it read only 92%. Turns out that is the normal value here. When I’m on a 13K or 14K peak it drops to the low 80s.
Was there a specific reason you chose to live there?....All this is fascinating...

Was there a specific reason you chose to live there?....All this is fascinating...
I was born and raised in Colorado Springs (6000 feet) and after a long career in the Chicago area (but first starting with 6 years in Urbana) chose to retire back in Colorado, near family. This area was one of my favorites for camping, hiking, and fishing growing up.

Probably to get away from all the crazies. That would be my excuse anyway.
Too cold for me...but I understand the concept of getting away..I love where I live...the crazies for me are the politicians...I don't watch the news and try to isolate myself from their actions...but their actions(or lack of) affect my life...

We've been to Leadville, my train fanatic son and myself. We hung out there for a couple hours shooting video and getting photos while touring around. I'm told Leadville was the birthplace of the May Company department stores (RIP)?

Colorado has so many great aspects going for it. Your examples of the natural beauty top the list!

So this old fart gets set in his ways. My Samsung S7 cell phone did everything I wanted it to do. BUT - the darn thing is no longer supported nor is the software updated--kinda like the old Windows versions, So it was time. Yesterday we went and got this old fart a Samsung 24.
And now ?
What a royal pain in the ass !! That ol S7 knew all my passwords. The 24 dont know shit ( just like its owner )

Getting a new phone sucks

This old fukstick had a Samsung S5, was happy with it until it started doing the opposite of what I was trying to do. Want to snap a pic, push the camera button and the phone keypad would come on....Want to use the phone, push the phone button and my photo gallery would come on. Been an android guy, but everyone tells me you got to get an Apple phone!! So I relent and buy an Apple 12, transfer all my files & pics over. Spent a week trying to figure it out. with frustration building.....I bought yet another phone , a Samsung 22.......All good now.
This was over a year ago and just typing this is bring back all the Apple frustration....LOL

Back