Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is my habit to watch an episode a day of a show called New Tricks on BritBox. I'm up to season 5 now. On today's show there's a scene involving on stage auditions for Shakespeare (of course!) and one of the actors looked very familiar. Couldn't quite place the face yet so I got up & looked closer. Eventually it hit me: Nick Mason!

Final Curtain - Guest Cast | TVmaze

Yes indeed scroll down to the bottom & there he is, listed only as "actor". Haha Nick Mason, actor. I don't think New Tricks is known for cameo performances but now I'll be watching closer.

published 21 days ago

https://www.loudersound.com/feature...-stars-the-story-behind-jethro-tulls-aqualung
Thanks for posting John. This was an excellent article.

The 1st time I saw JT live I think they were on their 2nd album, Stand Up. I was completely unaware of them before that. I had some friends that lived in St Louis & was visiting them when someone started wondering aloud what to do that night. So off we went to see Jethro Tull with Iggy Pop at whatever college it was, for free. No admission charge I mean to say. I guess it was a benefit performance.

I was instantly hooked & for many years each and every time Tull came to town, it was a given I would be there. On the Aqualung tour I was a little blitzed and when he said it was time for the last song" a little tune called Wind Up." Now I thought he said Wyandotte, which was the name of the KS county the performance was in. Wooo! He's created a song called Wyandotte! Then it started sounding a bit familiar & I was a bit embarrassed.

Last edited:
:cool::cool::cool:
Match :D I was instantly hooked & for many years each and every time Tull came to town, it was a given I would be there.

My first Tull concert was Thick As A Brick in Toronto. I was 16 and the unknown to me Tull looked like the ultimate hippies. Ticket was free. Slightly affected.:devilish: One USA concert in Niagara Falls, NY.

23/2/75Convention CenterNiagara Falls, NY. USA
The show was delayed because, when making his 'big' entrance, Martin tripped on a cable, damaging the stage rig. Lights and sound were restored within 15-20 mins.

...his sister's weird, she drives a lorry

I don't believe they knew...that I was Long John Silver!

..and your wise men don't know how it feels, to be thick as a brick.

Good grief all the Tull lyrics that have filled my head over the years. Maybe not all remembered correctly, but there just the same.

...his sister's weird, she drives a lorry

I don't believe they knew...that I was Long John Silver!

..and your wise men don't know how it feels, to be thick as a brick.

Good grief all the Tull lyrics that have filled my head over the years. Maybe not all remembered correctly, but there just the same.
[Verse 18: Spoken]
We will be geared to the average, rather than the exceptional
God is an overwhelming responsibility

;)

8dr3gkvn2fka1.jpg

LOL, I know. It's the lenses. Super expensive. I get progressive Tri-focals. They are not cheap......the frames were cheap......as a rule.
And, because I spend a lot of time out in the sun with my work...and a lot of time driving at night....with my work....I opted for lenses that have an anti glare factor. It really helps.

Back