Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting old
1720773272542.jpeg

If there are no workers, then there's no one to tip. That is greedy and dumb. But to complain about tipping service workers who rely on those tips to survive, and not offer an alternative solution, is also "sick."

I always tip service workers. They appreciate it. I tip in cash (except for table service.) That's why the comment above about the bank asking for ID to change a $20 bill. I also always tip people like rental car bus drivers, and I do it up front to make sure they care of our luggage.

But I resent that ownership of these establishments took advantage of the pandemic to consider these tips for counter service workers, not as an extra boost during troubled times, but rather as part of what should be included in these workers wages.

I even tip a little extra in Europe. They really appreciate it.

As a kid we'd go back up to Scotland for holidays, my grandfather would sometimes go out and catch a trout for his breakfast - 60 or so years later and I still don't get it :ROFLMAO:, mind you I never liked smoked kippers for breakfast either!
Can we have kippers for breakfast? Mommy Dear, Mommy Dear. lol.

How did I not know that Eric Roberts and Julia Roberts were brother and sister?
I only realized it after reading an interview with Eric a few years ago.
They were estranged for some reason that I can't recall.
I have no idea if they still are

Actually, the price of going out to eat at all, has finally escalated to the point that people have changed their habits. They are going out less across the board. Not sure what the answer is, but anything that raises the overall cost of dining out, will just result in more closures.
I'm not sure how you define what a "living wage" is monetarily, but the overall idea in this country was;
If you aren't making enough, take on more responsibility to work your way up the ladder, become a manager. Or go get additional training and schooling, to learn something that will allow you more opportunity.

The key is to make work a priority in your life. Maybe not the most important, but important enough where you have to really have be the best you can be.
And sometimes not do something you want to do because you need to prioritize work ahead of it.
Too many people want to show up at work. Do the least they have to. Never make an effort to get to the next level. Spend too much time on their smart phones, etc., and collect their checks.
I couldn't have said it any better!

And it's a broken, misguided system. Pure capitalism is predicated on infinite growth, which is impossible on a finite planet that is already overpopulated. It's long past time for a change. Romanticizing slaving away for a paycheck that doesn't even cover the cost of living is, frankly, disgusting.

If there are no workers, then there's no one to tip. That is greedy and dumb. But to complain about tipping service workers who rely on those tips to survive, and not offer an alternative solution, is also "sick."

I'm sure this whole discussion is about to get deleted. Too political.
I've never had a problem tipping my waitress or barber, in fact, I over tip.
Restaurants are only required to pay waitresses half of the minimum wage.
But I'm not going to tip the guy that changes my oil or the clerk at a gift shop.

There is a convenience store with a small take out only restaurant, with a drive through. Of all places, they make the best fried chicken & reasonable prices.
We've tried to tip then but they won't accept tips. No clue what the workers make but Florida minimum wage is only $12/Hr.

How did I not know that Eric Roberts and Julia Roberts were brother and sister?
Eric had at least ONE knockout role that "melted my face off," "Star 80," playing the POS boyfriend/husband of Dorothy Stratten, who he "discovered" in a Canadian Dairy Queen, brought her to Hollywood, then murdered her. The guy was without any redeeming qualities BUT Eric actually made me pity the character without softening what a bottom-feeder murder BF Paul Snider truly was. An impressive bit of onscreen transmutation!
Not quad related, but speaking of Eric Roberts...

Back