Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_2905.jpeg

Syd Barrett's birthday today.

RIP

barrett.jpg

Dave & Rick are all over this, too. So an interesting historical document, as they helped out on the sessions. Syd wasn't in great shape & the album probably wouldn't exist otherwise. Some good songs though.

Lyrics like "I can creep into cupboards, sleep on the floor" might refer to Syd being locked in a cupboard as a prank by his mates?

I didn't realize the cover is based on/part of a drawing Syd did back in college

Last edited:
Syd Barrett's birthday today.

RIP

View attachment 100002

Dave & Rick are all over this, too. So an interesting historical document, as they helped out on the sessions. Syd wasn't in great shape & the album probably wouldn't exist otherwise. Some good songs though.

Lyrics like "I can creep into cupboards, sleep on the floor" might refer to Syd being locked in a cupboard as a prank by his mates?

I didn't realize the cover is based on/part of a drawing Syd did back in college

Nice, I have both his albums......might be hard to find them though as I don't keep my LP's in any particular order. :(

Nice, I have both his albums......might be hard to find them though as I don't keep my LP's in any particular order. :(
"...I don't keep my LP's in any particular order." How did your mother bring you up GOS? OK, bringing your mother into this was not right. My gosh I'd never find ANYTHING if it wasn't "sorted". But then again I'm a Capricorn and always have the neatest shopping cart with everything logically placed in the cart for maximum storage capability before going to checkout. Maybe we need to find a happy medium?

Back