Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The brand new album from Magnum - Here Comes the Rain. Yellow/red splatter vinyl from the boxset.
R.I.P. Tony Clarkin
😢

20240112_102645.jpg

How is it I've never heard of this band at all. WIKI shows a significant writeup on them. Seems very popular in Europe, not in US. As far as I can tell anyway.
I think they did have a following in the US but mainly UK & Europe, I saw them play live many times, in the 1980's mostly and lastly in 2022 near me in Cardiff. Tony Clarkin, their leader, guitarist & songwriter passed away just a few days ago. I have a collection of their works:
MagnumCollection.jpg

The title of their movie documentary. Gov't got them to tour behind the "Iron Curtain." It ruined their street cred as a hip band.

There is a live CD with complete tracks from the tour. BS&T fans NEED this!

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...to-blood-sweat-tears.33904/page-2#post-750090
Ha, yes I was alluding to that in my post ;)

I just tried listening to their 3rd album & can't get through it. It's painful to listen to, in comparison to the previous LP. I can't imagine that helped :(

This is a nice quiet pressing, with gobs of bass. I had to check the runout grooves as there's no info on the sleeve. "BG" and "for Cass" are etched in there, so Bernie Grundman involved, and it appears these were all pressed at Pallas in Germany? Which likely explains it, they press great records.

csn.jpg

Sounds fantastic. Especially loud. Did they ever release this in surround? The electric gtr & organ during the 1st half of "Suite Judy Blue Eyes" would sound really good mixed higher up in the rears: there's some nice stuff going on that's quite low in the stereo mix.

This is a nice quiet pressing, with gobs of bass. I had to check the runout grooves as there's no info on the sleeve. "BG" and "for Cass" are etched in there, so Bernie Grundman involved, and it appears these were all pressed at Pallas in Germany? Which likely explains it, they press great records.

View attachment 100253

Sounds fantastic. Especially loud. Did they ever release this in surround? The electric gtr & organ during the 1st half of "Suite Judy Blue Eyes" would sound really good mixed higher up in the rears: there's some nice stuff going on that's quite low in the stereo mix.
You got me excited, so i dug out my copy . . . a 1975 repress:
https://www.discogs.com/release/23545193-Crosby-Stills-Nash-Crosby-Stills-NashIt sounds FANTASTIC through the Surround Master!

Last edited:
Back