Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
64743001_10218646031843844_6936405778274189312_n.jpg

The various pressings of this album are so convoluted I'm not sure exactly if this is a first press or not. Certainly it is an early press and not a GK mastered copy. I have Gilbert Kong's mastered version of Archives. The first two albums sound great. This one is slightly muddy.

This one has been on my wish list for ages. Should have bought when it hit $51CDN (on CD) a few months ago.
Let us know how it sounds

Well I recommend it , based on 4 albums so far...Cricklewood, Stonedhenge Watt* , Rock And Roll Music To The World, ..Where else can you get TEN albums remastered for $60.00 beanz .($75.00 includes tax and shipping)

*in my experience a seriously underrated album

1000004289.jpg

As far as I know, this is the only place to get the orchestral version of "Bolero" (aka "Abaddon's Bolero") on vinyl. Recorded during the Works sessions, it is found on Emo's Off the Shelf CD. The label says stereo, but if so, it is a really really narrow stereo mix. It sounds almost Mono to me, but I didn't listen on my headphones to confirm.

I will say during the interviews, they all seem to be in good spirits and getting along amd laughing and such. Not the opinion most folks, myself included, have of this time period.

Some great acoustic gtr playing by one of the masters, in his earlier days

john_a_lot.jpg

The last 2 tracks on side two feature some spirited tabla + fingerstyle playing: Led Zeppelin's "Black Mountain Side" came out a year after this was released, I wonder if it was any influence on Jimmy Page? He was certainly influenced by Bert Jansch, who also played with Renbourn. Not sure if Jansch's original has tabla on the recording.

Back