Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one was a staple of my HigH school listening daze . . . as always, through the magic of the Surround Master v.2
Screenshot 2024-08-23 at 4.18.14 PM.png
https://www.discogs.com/release/1635676-Burning-Spear-Marcus-Garvey

Spent a LOT of time between the cans in HigH school with this baby . . . and the cats spent a LOT of time shredding the spine during one fateful weekend of my first marriage!
View attachment 108653 https://www.discogs.com/release/6803674-Pink-Floyd-Animals
It's a well known fact that cats are still pissed off to this day that the album doesn't have one song about cats on it.
Shredding the spine of your LP was your cats way of protesting this sad state of affairs.

Always loved the GERMAN version of this LP, especially "Taschenrechner", I found a 1st German CD pressing in Madrid Rock (RIP) about 20 years ago for more than 3,000 Pesetas (more than $30) and bought it even when I didn't have the money and have loved it ever since...
Someone shared an LP rip of this a few years ago and it was a step up sonically from the CD and I just "invested" on a VG+ copy (looks VG but thankfully plays VG+, I like Discogs description of LP grading) and ... OMG, I don't know if it's because of my Linear Tracking with the Shibata Ortofon stylus and/or the Apogee Symphony, or both but this sounds huge, nothing to do with the CD version and quite a step up from the LP rip I have....
Ich bin der Musikant mit Taschenrechner in der Hand..INDEED!
NzU0My5qcGVn.jpeg

In a rare instance of having my LP's organized, this was on the shelf beside it: I think they're from Ireland. It's some enjoyable raga-inspired folk/drone instrumental jams....perfect for brewing coffee at 3am, chilling out, & pondering the nature of the universe.

cian_nugent.jpg

Oh wait, here comes some heavy fuzz guitar....haha

Oh, HELL YEAH! My first concert. Killer album sounding AMAZING through the Surround Master with multitracked guitars and vocals washing over me from all four corners!
View attachment 108998 https://www.discogs.com/release/18020020-Boston-Boston
Kinda hard to screw up this LP...interesting enough , Tom managed to totally screw it up in the 2006 CD remaster giving it a VERY weird hi mids EQ, but besides that travesty, most pressings I have sound really good.
The dual Wallys are the winners, along with the latter Allan Zentz ones.
I love the 1st Japanese pressing too. Even the bright sounding Columbia Half Speed Mastered sounds great to me..but I have very weird hearing...
Is that a Sony Legacy reissue?
First concert , huh? When and where? spill it!

Kinda hard to screw up this LP...interesting enough , Tom managed to totally screw it up in the 2006 CD remaster giving it a VERY weird hi mids EQ, but besides that travesty, most pressings I have sound really good.
The dual Wallys are the winners, along with the latter Allan Zentz ones.
I love the 1st Japanese pressing too. Even the bright sounding Columbia Half Speed Mastered sounds great to me..but I have very weird hearing...
Is that a Sony Legacy reissue?
First concert , huh? When and where? spill it!
Wednesday 30 March 1977 – the Chicago Stadium . . . i remember it like it was yesterday . . . because i wasn't drinking or drugging at the time!

Last edited:
Ripping the 45 RPM Eye in the Sky LPs which sound SOOO MUCH better than the LP versions I have always heard...
Half Speed mastered at 45 RPM from the barely used 1/4 inch analog Stereo mix...dang!
Curiously enough I don't know if it was a typo or Alan got confused but he states on the book that it was captured on ..."196K" (!?) but we forgive this cause he did a great job at rescuing all of the Multis and making this a HiFi smorgasbord...
NzAtODE0OC5qcGVn.jpeg

Back