The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Other than the Eagles, there isn’t any team in the NFL that are rolling over every team they play. So as long as you aren’t playing them in the first round, you have a good chance making it to the second round. That’s assuming the Lions win more games than they lose down the stretch. They are still the strongest team in their division ON PAPER.

Green Bay outplayed the Lions on all facets of the game - including coaching. And as much as @Imbobman would like to think that Detroit was tired out from Chicago - I call out bullpucky. Lets be real - Detroit has not played a competent and complete game since the Carolina game - over 7 weeks ago. They are a good team. They are my team. But they will be first round playoff losers - once again - if they dont get their shit together. Something is amiss and I can't figure out where in the room that elephant is. Perhaps I just need to mix up another batch of Kool Aid and all will be good ? IDK
Ricky, I was just joking about the Bears wearing out the Lions. Thought it might make GOS feel a bit better😀. GB really played well today. I was waiting for them to collapse all day but it didn't happen🙃. That surprised me right there!

I think Detroit will be ok. It's very tough making comebacks wk.to wk. like they did against Chicago.
I went through this sort of thing with GB when they had Rodgers....
They never seemed to play the game I thought they should.
Often times a team will go thru stages in their progression. So maybe this year isn't the best the Lions will ultimately be. Remember, they were only 9-8 last year & are going to do better this year...
...and YES, keep the koolAid going.
Wishing the Lions the best of success going forward...

Last edited:
I only saw bits and pieces of the three games. It seems that the Lions would rather stay home and eat turkey on Thanksgiving than play football. That's 7 losses in a row.

Washington vs. Dallas - lousy game
San Fran vs. Seattle - lousy game

I predict that the Jets will actually win today. My grandson asked for Dolphins clothing for Christmas. I need to have a word with him.

I only saw bits and pieces of the three games. It seems that the Lions would rather stay home and eat turkey on Thanksgiving than play football. That's 7 losses in a row.

I predict that the Jets will actually win today. My grandson asked for Dolphins clothing for Christmas. I need to have a word with him.
giphy.gif

:LOL:

AR...
So you're picking the Jets to win even though Miami is a 9.5 point favorite? Must be that you think the new starting QB is going to perform well.
Wow, didn't know the Lions had lost 6 in a row on Thanksgiving day going into yesterdays game🤔 ....
I went & looked back on the history of Lion's games on Thanksgiving. Going back 20 yrs.. they are only 4-16. That is bad!
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...nksgiving-explained/5ym3h65v3d3m16ev64nuk5kfj

Last edited:
AR, Jets to win even though Miami is a 9.5 point favorite? Must be that you think the new starting QB is going to perform well.
Nah, he just knows as everyone does who follows the AFC East, that Miami always slides into playoff irrelevance at the end of the season. This is a bit early for them though. It typically doesn't happen until December.

Also see post #3116

DOLPHINS-JETS REGULAR SEASON HISTORY​

Series history: Dolphins lead 57-56-1

Last five meetings:

Jan. 8, 2023 at Miami — Dolphins 11, Jets 6
Oct. 9, 2022 at New York — Jets 40, Dolphins 17
Dec. 19, 2021 at Miami — Dolphins 31, Jets 24
Nov. 21, 2021 at New York — Dolphins 24, Jets 17
Nov. 29, 2020 at New York — Dolphins 20, Jets 3

Dolphins' largest margin of victory: 42 (1986 at Miami; Dolphins 45, Jets 3)

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/new...-jets-complete-week-12-preview-and-prediction

DOLPHINS-JETS REGULAR SEASON HISTORY​

Series history: Dolphins lead 57-56-1

Last five meetings:

Jan. 8, 2023 at Miami — Dolphins 11, Jets 6
Oct. 9, 2022 at New York — Jets 40, Dolphins 17
Dec. 19, 2021 at Miami — Dolphins 31, Jets 24
Nov. 21, 2021 at New York — Dolphins 24, Jets 17
Nov. 29, 2020 at New York — Dolphins 20, Jets 3

Dolphins' largest margin of victory: 42 (1986 at Miami; Dolphins 45, Jets 3)

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/new...-jets-complete-week-12-preview-and-prediction
I remember that 1986 game vividly. The 10-1 charlatan Jets got clobbered by Marino and the Fins 45-3 and finished the season 10-6. :eek:

AR, Jets to win even though Miami is a 9.5 point favorite? Must be that you think the new starting QB is going to perform well.
- Divisional game.
- Jets are at home.
- Jets D is pissed off and motivated after the Bills game.
- Tua gets knocked out of game.
- Grandson asking for Dolphins clothing…grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

[Edit: And it has started out to be a bad week for certain teams with bluish colored uniforms.]

Last edited:
NYJ_Miami-blog.jpg

https://nypost.com/2023/11/24/sport...pdates-score-news-more-from-nfl-black-friday/The Jets finally made a quarterback change and benched Zach Wilson, but that doesn’t make their quest to snap a 12-year playoff drought any easier.

They’re still 4-6. They’ve still lost three games in a row. They’ve still managed just two touchdowns since Week 8 against the Giants.

But with 29-year-old Tim Boyle as their signal-caller, the Jets will aim to upset the Dolphins in a Black Friday game at MetLife Stadium.

🎅

As far as I am concerned, the only game that was worth watching was the Green Bay / Detroit game. The other three were total duds.

There is no need for Rodgers to rush back this year. What’s the point? There is no scenario where the Jets make the playoffs by the time he could.

Back