The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Teams that are "lost"

1. Detroit Lions - kind of expected because, .......Its the Detroit Lions ! ( Im out of KoolAid ).
2. Philly Eagles - not expected - they looked like world beaters up to 4 weeks ago. wow
3. SanDiego - they were not expected to be super good, but now they are super bad
4. Pittsburg --- c'mon Mike...what is up ?

one could argue that KC should be on this list also

Go Bills Go! My picture album. (Frozen in (an even faster) time)
w14_buf_kc_720-1.png
01hhbatvv12x4qarqxc4.jpg
ON52ZRWODNP7BAL3SMUQDPXBIE.jpg

GBEArIMXAAAX6a7.jpg

https://uproxx.com/sports/travis-ke...lled-back-offensive-offsides-bills-win-video/

Mahomes looks like he's pouting there. After hearing all the comments on the sports shows this morning, it seems like he's protesting that the zebras didn't swallow their whistles at the right time.
I agree. I listened to a few different ex-ref analysts and they concurred with the call. Apparently they let this slide until a few years ago and started calling this year as a result of the whole "push-tush" play. That was the 11th or 12th time it's been called this year across the league. Last year was twice, the year before was once. (I am paraphrasing what I heard, so this isn't a direct quote).

Mahomes should be sorry because he came off looking like a whiner (one of the reasons I could never stomach Tom Brady). Beside, as I always say, if he had made some of the plays that failed during the other 59 minutes of the game, it wouldn't have came down to a judgement call in the last 30 seconds of the game.
I like Mahomes and will assume that was just a meltdown at a stressful, disappointing moment, so will not hold it against him. Not that anyone should care what I think, but I am sure I'm not alone in getting tired of the whining in the NFL.

I agree. I listened to a few different ex-ref analysts and they concurred with the call. Apparently they let this slide until a few years ago and started calling this year as a result of the whole "push-tush" play. That was the 11th or 12th time it's been called this year across the league. Last year was twice, the year before was once. (I am paraphrasing what I heard, so this isn't a direct quote).

Mahomes should be sorry because he came off looking like a whiner (one of the reasons I could never stomach Tom Brady). Beside, as I always say, if he had made some of the plays that failed during the other 59 minutes of the game, it wouldn't have came down to a judgement call in the last 30 seconds of the game.
I like Mahomes and will assume that was just a meltdown at a stressful, disappointing moment, so will not hold it against him. Not that anyone should care what I think, but I am sure I'm not alone in getting tired of the whining in the NFL.

its a two way street Bill B. Do agree that KC put themselves in a position that they should not be in --trying to eek out a win. Flip side - officiating seems to be getting worse ( not saying this was a bad call btw )
I have the solution

AI Officiating with instant macro video reply ( AIOMVR )*

* trademark property of RickyPicks International LLC

Teams that are "lost"

1. Detroit Lions - kind of expected because, .......Its the Detroit Lions ! ( Im out of KoolAid ).
2. Philly Eagles - not expected - they looked like world beaters up to 4 weeks ago. wow
3. SanDiego - they were not expected to be super good, but now they are super bad
4. Pittsburg --- c'mon Mike...what is up ?

one could argue that KC should be on this list also
When it's all been said & done.
1. Detroit will win the north
2. Philly will 'likely' win the NFC east
3. SD... I'll give you that one, they suck😐..underachieving by a lot!
4. Pittsburgh..they are still the 6th seed in AFC & doing a lot with little.

That call in the KC/Bills game was a tough one but I was rooting for the Bills & was OK with it.
You know, I heard someone say a 'strange' thing today. That offsides is a penalty & has always been. Wow, that's profound!.
If KC had been penalized for something that wasn't in the rule book then they'd have a legitimate issue. What did they want 'grace'? KC has gotten more than their fair share of calls. Now, some are going against them.
Yes, why did they even put themselves in that position? Mahomes didn't come off well by all his whining. ( ..Why? Why? Is he related to Nancy Kerrigan??) Who was he exactly upset with?
He's a great player whom I like & respect a lot! KC will wind up winning the AFC west regardless.
....Oh yes, lest I forget.. GO PACK!

Last edited:
its a two way street Bill B. Do agree that KC put themselves in a position that they should not be in --trying to eek out a win. Flip side - officiating seems to be getting worse ( not saying this was a bad call btw )
I have the solution

AI Officiating with instant macro video reply ( AIOMVR )*

* trademark property of RickyPicks International LLC
Don't put me in a spot to defend the refs, they suck overall. I am to the point that I think all plays should be open to review. There are just too many flat out wrong calls at key moments. At the top of the list are pass interference calls. I think they should make the definition of a "catchable pass" much tighter. I see this every week where the ball was way past the receiver but there was contact which didn't really make a difference, and they get a BS call that totally changes the game. Sometimes I think the offense is phishing for a PI call more than an actual completion (depending on the team/QB). I think guys looking at a replay could make a better call than guys watching in real time.

Still, I blame, bad play calling, dropped balls, general mistakes, turnovers and bounces of the ball, for a loss more than the refs.

With all that said, the refs did make the correct call, by the book, in this particular case. The guy was over the neutral zone.

Next weekend is going to be an awesome football weekend. Thursday night on Amazon. Three games on Saturday on the NFL network. The usual three games on Sunday. And then the Monday night game.
The whole weekend is already shot. LOL
Sunday night game should be a doozey..........Jacksonville versus Baltamore

Back