The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dallas - Buffalo ---- GO BILLS !!! ( there, you happy @JohnN ? )
funny-animals-title.gif

WOW = Thinking good?

ESPN Playoff Picture

ESPN Standings

WooHoo, Niners first team to clinch with that Giants win, thank you.
At Cardinals this Sunday for a Division Game, they will play us hard.
Looking at those percentages just makes me realize that it's still too early to put much weight into them. If any team on that list loses this weekend, all those percentage change radically. Maybe after this weekend things will come a little more into focus.

Sean Stellato is Tommy DeVito's agent. Just look at the guy. He reminds me of a mobster from the original Some Like It Hot. I wonder if DeVito got the QB job because Stellato made the Giants an offer they couldn't refuse. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I wondered when the "offer he couldn't refuse" reference would show up with the DiVito story. Maybe we can find a way to work in the best line from the movie, "leave the gun, take the cannoles"

Last edited:
Sean Stellato is Tommy DeVito's agent. Just look at the guy. He reminds me of a mobster from the original Some Like It Hot. I wonder if DeVito got the QB job because Stellato made the Giants an offer they couldn't refuse. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
You better win! ...or you will swim with the fish, Jetsurround.
jets schedule nfl - Google Search

OMG
this Devito kid. What a cool story. Here is link. And his dad, wow........................

https://sports.yahoo.com/new-giants...ning-drive-to-beat-the-packers-042549795.html
Having had the night to sleep on this fiasco..💤..A totally Ugly game, Love was off, defense didn't adjust as they should have . Despite all this, Packers had the lead & could have won. That hurts!
Devito is a good QB, he reminds me some of Purdy @ SF. The thing that killed GB was his running, 71 yards rushing. The coaches must have told him that if there's any pressure to take off. GB should have put a spy on him after this began happening.
Just shows you don't need to be a 1st round draft pick to be able to play in this league. That whole thing with his folks at the game was nice. His agent does look like 2- bit mobster😎
...I did like Aikmans' remarks about the reviews process , '...what takes us 5 seconds, takes them 5 minutes '...'ha! ha!😅. You got that right Troy!!
So, in conclusion I hate playing in New York period.... the big apple,...all that sort of crap😡

Last edited:
I must not be a very good Illini football fan. Honestly, I don't remember Devito on the team. WTF???
Gene, I don't remember him either & I follow the WI Badgers. Devito has a Wikipedia page & it said the year he was at IL he qb'ed them to a win over WI. I sort of recall that game.
I don't recall the guy!

:LOL: A football score hockey game is your first warning. GO JETS! ...or else...

:cool: Toronto 7 New York 3
For those of you who aren't familiar with the Hockey situation near @JohnN and I, you may enjoy this story.

Buffalo is 90 minutes from Toronto. In between the two cities is a another larger Canadian city you might have heard if called Hamilton. Hamilton is big enough to have their own CFL team. And then there is a multitude of populous suburbs around Toronto, like Mississauga and Oakville..Millions of people, millions of hockey fans.

The Sabres and the Leafs are in the same division, so they often play in each other's buildings. Buffalo fans like their hockey, sure, but Toronto fans are rabid about it. Leafs fans travel like no others I've ever seen.

A Sabres game in Toronto is just another hockey night. It's typically a sold out venue, even if the team is doing poorly. By contrast, a Sabres game can easily be 50% empty.

But a Leafs game in Buffalo, is nearly a Leafs home game. Probably 80% of Sabres season ticket holders will sell their seats on the aftermarket. Why you ask? Because they can often get 3x to 6x the face value for them from the Toronto fans. The better the seats, the larger the markup. Sabres fans can get a good portion of their season tickets paid for by selling off the Toronto games for outrageous prices

The best part is the Toronto fans are happy to do it. Due to the demand inequity between the cities and the exchange rates, Leafs tix face values are about 3x what the Sabres charge. A good portion of the Toronto fan base is pretty well off. Salaries are higher in Toronto compared to Buffalo. Just like how salaries are higher in NYC compared to Buffalo. The relative cost of living kinda evens it all out.

But most importantly, and not to be overlooked, Leafs fans think the $12 beers are simply a steal compared to what they pay in Toronto. The Buffalo vendors put on extra staff for Leafs games. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
For those of you who aren't familiar with the Hockey situation near @JohnN and I, you may enjoy this story.

Buffalo is 90 minutes from Toronto. In between the two cities is a another larger Canadian city you might have heard if called Hamilton. Hamilton is big enough to have their own CFL team. And then there is a multitude of populous suburbs around Toronto, like Mississauga and Oakville..Millions of people, millions of hockey fans.

The Sabres and the Leafs are in the same division, so they often play in each other's buildings. Buffalo fans like their hockey, sure, but Toronto fans are rabid about it. Leafs fans travel like no others I've ever seen.

A Sabres game in Toronto is just another hockey night. It's typically a sold out venue, even if the team is doing poorly. By contrast, a Sabres game can easily be 50% empty.

But a Leafs game in Buffalo, is nearly a Leafs home game. Probably 80% of Sabres season ticket holders will sell their seats on the aftermarket. Why you ask? Because they can often get 3x to 6x the face value for them from the Toronto fans. The better the seats, the larger the markup. Sabres fans can get a good portion of their season tickets paid for by selling of the Toronto games for outrageous prices

The best part is the Toronto fans are happy to do it. Due to the demand inequity between the cities and the exchange rates, Leafs tix face values are about 3x what the Sabres charge. A good portion of the Toronto fan base is pretty well off. Salaries are higher in Toronto compared to Buffalo. Just like how salaries are higher in NYC compared to Buffalo. The relative cost of living kinda evens it all out.

But most importantly, and not to be overlooked, Leafs fans think the $12 beers are simply a steal compared to what they pay in Toronto's. The Buffalo vendors put on extra staff for Leafs games. :ROFLMAO:
giphy.gif

The Saturday's games are all on NFL Network, which I don't get. I would really have liked to see that Broncos / Lions game. With all this raping of consumers with streaming that is going on, I suspect the day is coming soon where well will have to pay absurd amounts of money to watch NFL games.

Plus, now I've lost my excuse for not going to see Tuba Christmas* on the Morristown Green. Woe is me. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

* Actually, Tuba Christmas is reported to be quite a good concert.

The Saturday's games are all on NFL Network, which I don't get. I would really have liked to see that Broncos / Lions game. With all this raping of consumers with streaming that is going on, I suspect the day is coming soon where well will have to pay absurd amounts of money to watch NFL games.

Plus, now I've lost my excuse for not going to see Tuba Christmas* on the Morristown Green. Woe is me. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

* Actually, Tuba Christmas is reported to be quite a good concert.
And then there's this:

Back