The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Defensive performance of top NFL teams (9 wins or more):

Ravens 11-3: 225
Niners 11-4: 234
Chiefs 9-5: 245
Cowboys 10-4: 264
Browns 9-5: 289
Dolphins 10-4: 294
Lions 10-4: 331
Eagles 10-4: 341

The Lions and Eagles really need to clean up their defenses. Ain't that so Ricky @cbmmm3 ?

Since the Jets are out of the playoffs, I am offering to lease their defense to the Lions. The Jets defense has given up 287 points despite being on the field way too long because of the horrid Jets offense.

The Lions and Eagles really need to clean up their defenses. Ain't that so Ricky @cbmmm3 ?

Since the Jets are out of the playoffs, I am offering to lease their defense to the Lions. The Jets defense has given up 287 points despite being on the field way too long because of the horrid Jets offense.
AR - dont get me started on the Lions defense. Our shitty DC makes my blood boil. Just when you think he is going to get shit-canned ( thank god ) his squad performs well. Defense wins games. Defense wins SuperBowls

whats shocking in the numbers AR is where the Eagles rank.

AR - dont get me started on the Lions defense. Our shitty DC makes my blood boil. Just when you think he is going to get shit-canned ( thank god ) his squad performs well. Defense wins games. Defense wins SuperBowls
Maybe Detroit should rehire Matt Patricia, this time as DC; heck, they’re paying him anyway! 🤣

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nfl/articl...ines-can-49ers-purdy-clinch-mvp-on-christmas/
https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/nfl-peacock-commercial-free-football-game-1235849433/ When the Buffalo Bills square off against the Los Angeles Chargers on Saturday via a game streamed on NBC’s Peacock, they will, for at least a period of time, do so without one of their most supportive fans: Madison Avenue.

Peacock plans to stream the game’s fourth quarter without commercials, essentially sacrificing 12 minutes, or 40% of a game’s standard ad load, that would normally have been used to spotlight promotional messages for beer, gadgets and cars, among other products. Viewers won’t see the act as taking away anything. That’s 12 minutes more of game play, analyst banter and football chatter — the stuff they came for in the first place.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nfl/articl...ines-can-49ers-purdy-clinch-mvp-on-christmas/
https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/nfl-peacock-commercial-free-football-game-1235849433/ When the Buffalo Bills square off against the Los Angeles Chargers on Saturday via a game streamed on NBC’s Peacock, they will, for at least a period of time, do so without one of their most supportive fans: Madison Avenue.

Peacock plans to stream the game’s fourth quarter without commercials, essentially sacrificing 12 minutes, or 40% of a game’s standard ad load, that would normally have been used to spotlight promotional messages for beer, gadgets and cars, among other products. Viewers won’t see the act as taking away anything. That’s 12 minutes more of game play, analyst banter and football chatter — the stuff they came for in the first place.
You know, you have to question how fair that it is one way or the other. During a normal network game there are long periods of time where the players are waiting for the TV break to end before the game resumes. This does two things; breaks any momentum one team may have at that moment , and , secondly, gives both teams' players a chance to rest and catch their breath. When the breaks are minimized the opposite occurs. The point is, it affects the game one way or the other, which isn't supposed to happen. Ideally all games would follow the same script with the exception of breaks due to injuries or play reviews.

Just saying....

You know, you have to question how fair that it is one way or the other. During a normal network game there are long periods of time where the players are waiting for the TV break to end before the game resumes. This does two things; breaks any momentum one team may have at that moment , and , secondly, gives both teams' players a chance to rest and catch their breath. When the breaks are minimized the opposite occurs. The point is, it affects the game one way or the other, which isn't supposed to happen. Ideally all games would follow the same script with the exception of breaks due to injuries or play reviews.

Just saying....
They can still have the breaks, just no commercials.

More food for thought...

Here are the rankings of the defenses the 49ers have played this year....

Steelers 21st
Rams 20th
Giants 26th
Cowboys 9th
Browns 2nd
Vikings 10th
Bengals 31st
Jacksonville 28th
Tampa Bay 25th
Seattle 23rd
Eagles 22nd
Seattle 23rd
Arizona 29th

Disclaimer... I did not check the accuracy of this list. I am just cutting it and pasting it from a text my brother sent me. For all I know the Ravens may have played teams with equally as dismal defense stats.

They can still have the breaks, just no commercials.

Yep, but I'd wager those breaks aren't as long, or as numerous.
I noticed a couple of weeks ago when there were two Monday night games, that the game on ESPN wasn't taking a break at all between the extra point and the ensuing kick off. That's when I first questioned the fairness of such a situation.

Back