The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I propose that Christmas itself be flex scheduled to the 26th to allow for unhindered NFL viewing on Monday.
fortunately for me, everyone will be gone by Monday eve - AND - we are closed for work on Tuesday !!!!!!
Ill get to see the whole damn shootin match Monday night !! wahoo

Hey @JohnN , did you see the Leafs put three goals into their own net last night? The first was a three-cushion shot. And on the other goal, the Ranger fanned on the shot which completely messed up the Leafs' goalie. I don't recall ever seeing a hockey team have that amount of bad luck in one game.
Be kind, rewind to 1967. Leafs need to change all defence and need a decent goalie. Volunteering, I played goal for ten years. :LOL:

1703086328659.jpeg

Real football fans, hate some teams, for life. I hate the SeaFucks also.
Football has a built in "must hate list" for all fans, they're called division rivals.
The only time you ever root for them is when they no longer have a chance to make the playoffs and their winning will help your team's seeding.

Hey Sonik, I know that what I’m about to tell you is trivial at best, but it IS thought provoking, as well as clearing up a small mystery. As you know, both the Patriots and the Chiefs kickers missed their first field goal attempts this past Sunday. MassLive is now reporting that the kicking balls only for each team were deflated to 11 psi, with the minimum standard being 13.5 psi. This was brought to the Refs’s attention at halftime, after which the situation was resolved. The teams, by the way, do not have access to the kicking balls until kickoff. The special teams also reported that the trajectories seemed off during kickoffs.

Hey Sonik, I know that what I’m about to tell you is trivial at best, but it IS thought provoking, as well as clearing up a small mystery. As you know, both the Patriots and the Chiefs kickers missed their first field goal attempts this past Sunday. MassLive is now reporting that the kicking balls only for each team were deflated to 11 psi, with the minimum standard being 13.5 psi. This was brought to the Refs’s attention at halftime, after which the situation was resolved. The teams, by the way, do not have access to the kicking balls until kickoff. The special teams also reported that the trajectories seemed off during kickoffs.
What is it about the Patriots and deflated footballs?

I read about this here first, then in The Kansas City Star. Wow! Not trivial at all. So both teams use the same ball for kicking? Or two balls were underinflated? Are these the same balls used on the field or just for kicking?

And who's responsible for checking this? Any kind of Ref oversight or are teams just on their honor to get it right?

Yes it was the Pats that raised attention about this situation as it affected them too. Still there's no reason for it.

one more food for thought Markie..........

If the 49ers drop two games, and the Lions win out, Detroit would jump them and be number 1 seed
Ricky, you don't want that. Lions would probably then loss their playoff game right out of the gate.
You want to stay hungry & keep playing each week.
...well, at least that's how I saw it happen with GB over the years😐.

Last edited:
I read about this here first, then in The Kansas City Star. Wow! Not trivial at all. So both teams use the same ball for kicking? Or two balls were underinflated? Are these the same balls used on the field or just for kicking?

And who's responsible for checking this? Any kind of Ref oversight or are teams just on their honor to get it right?

Yes it was the Pats that raised attention about this situation as it affected them too. Still there's no reason for it.
There is a separate group of balls(many more than 2) used solely by the kickers. The teams do not access to the balls until the game starts. It looks like it’s the refs’s responsibility to check the balls. My question is, who inflates the balls on game day?

There is a separate group of balls(many more than 2) used solely by the kickers. The teams do not access to the balls until the game starts. It looks like it’s the refs’s responsibility to check the balls. My question is, who inflates the balls on game day?
More than 2 balls!!!???

What is this, a freak show? :D

Back