The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not quite sure I can believe what I'm seeing at Arrowhead.
Same here. Indeed.
And it's been a strange game right from the start. Only a couple of minutes in after multiple fumbles the announcers said he feels like he's seeing Charlie Brown & Lucy play football.

It's misty here with wind gusts to 30 mph. That makes it tricky for both teams but I guess harder on us....

That was the worst Chefs game of all the ones I can remember. A shambles. I was fairly confident as we beat 'em pretty good not that far back. Lordy Mahomes was looking exhausted having to run the ball so much because the Raiders defense was covering so well. I guess their next chance to disappoint me will be on New Years Eve. Maybe I'll just get drunk & watch Burt Reynolds in The Longest Yard.

Last edited:
The Ravens really took it to the 49ers. Congratulations Bill B on a big win! Earlier in the year, I seem to recall someone being concerned with the Ravens offense..... Was that you?
I actually think Lamar Jackson is in the top 3 qbs of the NFL. Great runner, super quick. ..& now he is an excellent passer also!
1st Miami does a number on Dallas now the Ravens/49ers...
AFC really is taking it to the NFC!
Sorry Markie on the loss. Though I think the 49ers will still be fine!
Sonik Wiz....that was a painful one to watch😵 I dont know about KC. They've become the Buffalo Bills!
Ricky, big game this Saturday, Lions @ Dallas. You maybe getting Dallas at a bad time!😕
Should an interesting one to watch.
KC.....I also think that their success has gone to their heads some. Plus it's tough to repeat & all.
Oh btw, for those that didn't know, the word is Kelce got $20 million from Pfizer for those 'propaganda spots'😷...
Yes, I have been critical of our offense. They looked awesome last night but there have been games where we just flounder.
Regardless, last night was beautiful and an excellent way to end Christmas.

To me the real takeaway is just how formidable the AFC north division is right now. Pitt and Cleveland are on their 3rd QBs, Cinci on their 2nd, and they all have winning records. With 12 wins the Ravens still haven’t clinched.

Baltymore played well and may have won even if the Niners and Purdy hadn’t made it so easy for them.

I guess it was @Bill B who said that either he or marpow were going to be disappointed on Christmas; but for those of us without a team in the game we were hoping for battle right down to the wire which simply turned out not to be. :rolleyes:

It’s always about the turnovers.
Game of the year, Niners and Ravens, that was horrible.
Even the 5-0 start for the niners was horrible, I could tell.
When the Niners where at 3 turnovers I turned to my wife and said, one more and it is impossible to overcome, well we ended up with 5 turnovers.
Good news, the fans where still giving there all to the bitter end.
As Imbobman said, yes, we are still currently fine and remain the top NFC seed, next week Washington on the road and the final week the Rams is a flex game, not sure day or time yet.

Thank you my fellow friends for mentioning me in your posts, that is very kind of you.
AR, I agree, what a crap game it was.

And BillB, you very much deserved an awesome win, congrats to all Ravens fans, I hope we get another chance to play the Ravens in the Superbowl.
BTW, I looked at Las Vegas hotel prices online for Superbowl, average is $1500 to $2000 a night, that is average. I did find a crack house for $500.00 a night.

ESPN STANDINGS AS OF NOW

When the Niners where at 3 turnovers I turned to my wife and said, one more and it is impossible to overcome, well we ended up with 5 turnovers.
The game was still a very close 16 - 12 at the half despite the Niners turnovers, but then it completely fell apart. Niners defense seemed gassed by the middle of the third quarter…also from chasing Lamar all over the field.

Two funny plays from last night:
-Lamar tripping over the ref in the end zone and getting called for intentional grounding
-Deebo bouncing off of the Raven defender after taking a vicious hit. Tacklers gotta wrap their arms around people. This ain’t pinball. :ROFLMAO:

I jumped ahead to Week 18 to see if they have a date and time for Rams at Niners and every team in the League is TBD.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/schedule/_/week/18/year/2023/seasontype/2
Yes, that's odd. The NFL started doing that a few years back. They used to just 'flex' certain games but now there's no times. Hard to make plans if you are a fan....

The game was still a very close 16 - 12 at the half despite the Niners turnovers, but then it completely fell apart. Niners defense seemed gassed by the middle of the third quarter…also from chasing Lamar all over the field.

Two funny plays from last night:
-Lamar tripping over the ref in the end zone and getting called for intentional grounding
-Deebo bouncing off of the Raven defender after taking a vicious hit. Tacklers gotta wrap their arms around people. This ain’t pinball.

AR surround , those were both sort of goofy plays. It seemed the only way the 49ers could stop Lamar was with the help of a12th man! ... It appears the game is getting too fast for the zebras.😮
Deebo is unreal! That poor tackling thing overall just slays me!

Last edited:
Back