The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Game of the year, Niners and Ravens, that was horrible.
Even the 5-0 start for the niners was horrible, I could tell.
When the Niners where at 3 turnovers I turned to my wife and said, one more and it is impossible to overcome, well we ended up with 5 turnovers.
Good news, the fans where still giving there all to the bitter end.
As Imbobman said, yes, we are still currently fine and remain the top NFC seed, next week Washington on the road and the final week the Rams is a flex game, not sure day or time yet.

Thank you my fellow friends for mentioning me in your posts, that is very kind of you.
AR, I agree, what a crap game it was.

And BillB, you very much deserved an awesome win, congrats to all Ravens fans, I hope we get another chance to play the Ravens in the Superbowl.
BTW, I looked at Las Vegas hotel prices online for Superbowl, average is $1500 to $2000 a night, that is average. I did find a crack house for $500.00 a night.

ESPN STANDINGS AS OF NOW
Thanks Markie. If those two teams played 10 more games, the games would be completely different, as would the outcomes. There are no sure wins in the NFL. Too much ridiculousness happens.

Maybe we'll meet again. There is a (probably statistically untrue) belief that it's very difficult to beat a team twice in the same season, so maybe I don't want that too happen. And the last time we had a bye week in the first round, Lamar's last MVP year, we got trounced by the sixth seeded Titans. So maybe that isn't good either, but I'll take last night's win and the bye if we can. Who knows?

As much as I'd like to, and could probably afford to, I just can't see any wisdom in spending a ridiculous amount of money to see the SB. Likewise, I wouldn't spend a $2000 for a concert ticket. (Well maybe if it was a reuniting of all four Beatles with Hendrix opening for them). LOL

The game was still a very close 16 - 12 at the half despite the Niners turnovers, but then it completely fell apart. Niners defense seemed gassed by the middle of the third quarter…also from chasing Lamar all over the field.

Two funny plays from last night:
-Lamar tripping over the ref in the end zone and getting called for intentional grounding
-Deebo bouncing off of the Raven defender after taking a vicious hit. Tacklers gotta wrap their arms around people. This ain’t pinball. :ROFLMAO:

My brother immediately started bitching about the ref and how he should be fired. As I always say though, look at your team's mistakes before you blame the ref. I pointed out that if Hamilton would have taken a knee in the end zone on that first interception (instead or running it out to the 12 yd line), we'd have had the ball on the 20. Then, even if the same thing happened, it wouldn't have resulted in a safety.

I jumped ahead to Week 18 to see if they have a date and time for Rams at Niners and every team in the League is TBD.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/schedule/_/week/18/year/2023/seasontype/2
They will wait until next Monday to see what games have the most playoff deciding potential, and then schedule accordingly. It's probably not the best for fans attending, but it sure is good for the much larger television viewing audience. We get to watch all the games that matter.

Thanks Markie. If those two teams played 10 more games, the games would be completely different, as would the outcomes. There are no sure wins in the NFL. Too much ridiculousness happens.

Maybe we'll meet again. There is a (probably statistically untrue) belief that it's very difficult to beat a team twice in the same season, so maybe I don't want that too happen. And the last time we had a bye week in the first round, Lamar's last MVP year, we got trounced by the sixth seeded Titans. So maybe that isn't good either, but I'll take last night's win and the bye if we can. Who knows?

As much as I'd like to, and could probably afford to, I just can't see any wisdom in spending a ridiculous amount of money to see the SB. Likewise, I wouldn't spend a $2000 for a concert ticket. (Well maybe if it was a reuniting of all four Beatles with Hendrix opening for them). LOL
Why not hold out for Moon and Entwhistle while you’re at it? 🤣

Likewise, I wouldn't spend a $2000 for a concert ticket. (Well maybe if it was a reuniting of all four Beatles with Hendrix opening for them). LOL
You know that your statement is going to invoke responses. If such a thing were even possible, the tickets would be more like $2 million a pop…slightly more than you and I could afford. o_O

You know that your statement is going to invoke responses. If such a thing were even possible, the tickets would be more like $2 million a pop…slightly more than you and I could afford. o_O
I somehow don't think that we're part of the target demographic for SB ticket sales.

sb.png

San Francisco 49ers Sign Veteran, Super Bowl-Winning Defender After Blowout Loss To Ravens
The Ravens exposed a potential existential problem for the 49ers in the playoffs. The 49ers added one player who could help them in the postseason.
According to Jason McCourty with the NFL Network, the 49ers signed Sebastian Joseph-Day on Tuesday. Joseph-Day was a captain for the Chargers this season but was waived by the team following head coach Brandon Staley’s firing.

San Francisco 49ers Sign Veteran, Super Bowl-Winning Defender After Blowout Loss To Ravens
The Ravens exposed a potential existential problem for the 49ers in the playoffs. The 49ers added one player who could help them in the postseason.
According to Jason McCourty with the NFL Network, the 49ers signed Sebastian Joseph-Day on Tuesday. Joseph-Day was a captain for the Chargers this season but was waived by the team following head coach Brandon Staley’s firing.
Honestly.....I never heard of the guy but it's moves like this that make the 49ers a winner & show that they are seriously going after a championship.👍

1 team logo
RAVENS
Lamar Jackson stated his case as the league MVP in the blowout of the 49ers. The defense also came up big against a good offense. They are the top team.112-3-0
2 team logo
DOLPHINS
They are in the playoffs with their late rally against Dallas. They need to win at Baltimore this week to win the division.111-4-0
3 team logo
49ERS
Brock Purdy suddenly looked like a player taken last in the draft against the Ravens. The defense got gutted as well, which is a bad look heading to the playoffs.211-4-0
4 team logo
LIONS
They have won a division for the first time since 1993. They can now get ready for the playoffs, but they need to tighten up that defense.111-4-0
5 team logo
EAGLES
They just don't look right, even when they win a game like they did against the Giants. They seem to be laboring at times.111-4-0
6 team logo
BILLS
They didn't look great against the Chargers, but they found a way late. They have worked themselves back into being a playoff team right now.19-6-0
7 team logo
BROWNS
Joe Flacco has to be one of the surprise stories of the year. This team is legitimate as a potential deep playoff team.210-5-0
8 team logo
CHIEFS
They have major offensive issues right now. They can't protect Patrick Mahomes and they don't scare down the field. They have problems.49-6-0
9 team logo
COWBOYS
They have lost two straight to basically end their hopes of winning the division. So now it's time to get ready for the playoffs.110-5-0
10 team logo
RAMS
It's hard to believe they are in the position they are in terms of the playoff race. Sean McVay can flat out coach.68-7-0
11 team logo
BUCCANEERS
Baker Mayfield is playing outstanding football. The Bucs have a real playoff shot and could be dangerous if they do win the NFC South.68-7-0
12 team logo
JAGUARS
They are a disaster right now. The offensive line is bad, Trevor Lawrence isn't playing well and the defense isn't good. And yet they can be a playoff team still.28-7-0
13 team logo
SEAHAWKS
That late-game drive by Geno Smith to beat the Titans might have saved their season. If they win out, they get into the playoffs.

I just posted - above - the current Power Ranking for the first 13 teams

Some comments from me ( surprise, surprise --right ? )

- I still fear the Eagles. I think they will get their shit together. Good coach
- MarkieNiners - one bad game. Still a force to reckon with, No need for panic Markie
- Dolphins. I just feel like they are over rated. Am I the only one ?
- SeaTurds - effin hate em. DIE !!
- Rams....hmmm.......jury still out but looking good
- Cowgirls - multiple personality syndrome. reminds me of a girl I once dated
- BaltAmore' - yup - number 1 with no doubt.
- Bills - good to see. they are doing what it takes
- Chiefs - not feeling good about whats going on there
- Browns - playing the Lions in the Super Bowl
- Lions - playing the Browns in the Super Bowl

1 team logo
RAVENS
Lamar Jackson stated his case as the league MVP in the blowout of the 49ers. The defense also came up big against a good offense. They are the top team.112-3-0
2 team logo
DOLPHINS
They are in the playoffs with their late rally against Dallas. They need to win at Baltimore this week to win the division.111-4-0
3 team logo
49ERS
Brock Purdy suddenly looked like a player taken last in the draft against the Ravens. The defense got gutted as well, which is a bad look heading to the playoffs.211-4-0
4 team logo
LIONS
They have won a division for the first time since 1993. They can now get ready for the playoffs, but they need to tighten up that defense.111-4-0
5 team logo
EAGLES
They just don't look right, even when they win a game like they did against the Giants. They seem to be laboring at times.111-4-0
6 team logo
BILLS
They didn't look great against the Chargers, but they found a way late. They have worked themselves back into being a playoff team right now.19-6-0
7 team logo
BROWNS
Joe Flacco has to be one of the surprise stories of the year. This team is legitimate as a potential deep playoff team.210-5-0
8 team logo
CHIEFS
They have major offensive issues right now. They can't protect Patrick Mahomes and they don't scare down the field. They have problems.49-6-0
9 team logo
COWBOYS
They have lost two straight to basically end their hopes of winning the division. So now it's time to get ready for the playoffs.110-5-0
10 team logo
RAMS
It's hard to believe they are in the position they are in terms of the playoff race. Sean McVay can flat out coach.68-7-0
11 team logo
BUCCANEERS
Baker Mayfield is playing outstanding football. The Bucs have a real playoff shot and could be dangerous if they do win the NFC South.68-7-0
12 team logo
JAGUARS
They are a disaster right now. The offensive line is bad, Trevor Lawrence isn't playing well and the defense isn't good. And yet they can be a playoff team still.28-7-0
13 team logo
SEAHAWKS
That late-game drive by Geno Smith to beat the Titans might have saved their season. If they win out, they get into the playoffs.
:cool: Good summery. Right on.

Go Bills! 🌟
Go Lions! 🥶

I just posted - above - the current Power Ranking for the first 13 teams

Some comments from me ( surprise, surprise --right ? )

- I still fear the Eagles. I think they will get their shit together. Good coach
- MarkieNiners - one bad game. Still a force to reckon with, No need for panic Markie
- Dolphins. I just feel like they are over rated. Am I the only one ?
- SeaTurds - effin hate em. DIE !!
- Rams....hmmm.......jury still out but looking good
- Cowgirls - multiple personality syndrome. reminds me of a girl I once dated
- BaltAmore' - yup - number 1 with no doubt.
- Bills - good to see. they are doing what it takes
- Chiefs - not feeling good about whats going on there
- Browns - playing the Lions in the Super Bowl
- Lions - playing the Browns in the Super Bowl
Chiefs just need to change the nervous energy into good energy.
🤓

1 team logo
RAVENS
2 team logo
DOLPHINS
3 team logo
49ERS
4 team logo
LIONS
5 team logo
EAGLES
6 team logo
BILLS
7 team logo
BROWNS
8 team logo
CHIEFS
9 team logo
COWBOYS
10 team logo
RAMS
11 team logo
BUCCANEERS
12 team logo
JAGUARS
13 team logo
SEAHAWKS
“The Athletic” quoted Kyle Shanahan as saying that it’s a wonder that it took this long for Purdy to have a performance like that. After all, every QB has at least one truly terrible outing.

Besides, the season is littered with opponents that had bad days against the Ravens D. Hopefully, this means that he’s gotten it out of his system now as the team looks forward to the playoffs.

Back