The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got home with about 10 mins in the 4th Q. With a 3 point difference I still had high hopes for the Lions. Then I witnessed a Dallas interception as the clock ticked away. The last few minutes was intense. At the end I saw what was supposed to be a 2 point conversion for Detroit ruled out. Instead a a 1 pt win for the Lions it was a 1 point loss. What a killer.

I don't know much about the fine details of rules of the game. I don't know about this eligible/ineligible player business and what needs to be reported to the refs & why. Can anyone educate me?

Look, I will never defend the refs…. They suck.

But the Lions made decisions that could have swayed the game.
Once they went for it on 4th down when they could have easily kicked a field goal (3 points lost).
As pointed out above, a missed tackle for a safety (2 points).
Going for 2 at the end instead of just kicking the extra point to tie it (1 point).
There’s 6 points lost that had nothing to do with the refs.
Yes the refs F up every week but so do the teams. It’s easier to throw the blame on them because no one wants to admit it was their own fault.
I was rooting for the Lions but I questioned both those decisions (going for it on 4th and the 2 point conversion) in real time. When a coach makes those decisions, he is pretty much giving the other team’s defense the finger and saying “you guys suck and you can’t stop us “.

Lions robbed. In other news...:cool:
https://3downnation.com/2023/12/30/...s-best-selling-nfl-jersey-in-canada-for-2023/

GO BILLS!
fbztbiillkyyq3e4zx1j.png

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/...e-new-england-patriots-new-years-eve-showdown
Happy 2024

The controversy at the end has generated all of the chatter as would be expected. There were numerous errors during the game that could have swayed the result either way. Most egregious, in my opinion, is the Detroit linebacker having a clear shot at Prescott in the end zone. Instead of trying to tackle Prescott, he does some sort of idiotic shoulder move and flies right past him. He could have just stuck his arm out for heaven's sake! So Dak moves just a bit and hits Lamb with a 92 yard bomb.

I've seen this type of nonsense over and over. :mad: Why do so many defensive players tackle as if they are this guy:

View attachment 99833
That was a huge play! After watching it numerous times I just shook my head...' WHAT HAPPEN THERE PAL?'. The defender sort of gave a limp arm.. like he wasn't sure what to do.
It almost seems to be an unintended consequence of the NFLs over scrutiny of tackling techniques on QBs....
If he would have just gone an steamrollered Dak, it probably would have been a penalty....
Reminds me of the lyrics from the APP song 🎵..Damned if I do, damned if I don't.....🎵
...it didn't help either that the Lions DB who was covering Lamb fell down😕

Last edited:
You were so right on this.
Thanks...GB sure could use him now. Their current DB situation is joke! Alexander is suspended for today's game & their 2nd best db, Eric Stokes, was just put on IR.
I think Stokes played 1 game this year!
It could get ugly tonight @ Minnesota....

Last edited:
Back