The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not likely to happen as we all know. Let’s not forget that Mad Campbell had the opportunity to kick the extra point to tie the game after the ref‘s debacle but elected to try for 2 points yet again.

Hard to understand that decision after all of the deception was blown. :unsure:
you go for the WIN. its not that hard to understand
do you go for the win at that moment or later ?
you go for the win. I agree with coach C

The best photos from the 2023 NFL season https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/11/sport/gallery/nfl-2023-season/index.html

231231181633-02-nfl-gallery-123123.jpg

Josh Allen of the Buffalo Bills scores a touchdown during a game against the New England Patriots on December 31. The Bills would go on to beat the Patriots 27-21. Lauren Leigh Bacho/Getty Images

GO BILLS!
Really enjoyed rolling through those still shots. Thanks for posting the link.

There is something about those frozen, close up, still shots that isn't conveyed when you watch a game in real time. The expressions, the acrobatics, the concentration, etc..

You do go for the win, yes... The first time, not the 2nd, not the 3rd.

You would have to assume they burned their best 2 point play on the first try.

On the 2nd play after the penalty, the distance was 7 yards, not 2. So it wasn't even a 2 point play. It's like running a desperation play you would use to win. But not if you could get a tie.

The 3rd try was a better shot at it, but considering you had already failed on two tries....

i don't think there is any other coach in the NFL that would have called it that way. The fact that it didn't work vindicates it.

You do go for the win, yes... The first time, not the 2nd, not the 3rd.

You would have to assume they burned their best 2 point play on the first try.

On the 2nd play after the penalty, the distance was 7 yards, not 2. So it wasn't even a 2 point play. It's like running a desperation play you would use to win. But not if you could get a tie.

The 3rd try was a better shot at it, but considering you had already failed on two tries....

i don't think there is any other coach in the NFL that would have called it that way. The fact that it didn't work vindicates it.
What LuvMyQuad said. Thanks to the ref, all their deception was blown. The odds of fooling the Cowboys again was greatly diminished; and the odds of something going wrong was greatly increased. And things did go wrong.

The Lions had just as much of a chance to win in OT as the Boys.

Analytics? Campbell needs at least a lesson on FMEA (Failure Modes And Effects Analysis.) Hopefully he doesn’t cost the Lions in the playoffs.

The Lions had just as much of a chance to win in OT as the Boys.

Analytics? Campbell needs at least a lesson on FMEA (Failure Modes And Effects Analysis.) Hopefully he doesn’t cost the Lions in the playoffs.
Absolutely. Also you have to consider that neither team was moving the ball all that well.

The Lions already had the division locked up, didn't they? If this had been a win or go home playoff game situation I would hope the risk involved would have convinced Campbell to choose a different strategy.

Gene....It would help the Bears position in the draft , their own draft choice, if they lost this Sunday🤔
I heard that it would also help GB 😀....
Bears did make a good trade with Carolina last year. They have another tough choice to make because a QB is said to be the likely #1 overall. Do they pick another QB with Fields playing so well or trade out of that spot?

Gene....It would help the Bears position in the draft , their own draft choice, if they lost this Sunday🤔
I heard that it would also help GB 😀....
Bears did make a good trade with Carolina last year. They have another tough choice to make because a QB is said to be the likely #1 overall. Do they pick another QB with Fields playing so well or trade out of that spot?
If there is another QB they would rather have they should draft him. They can always trade Fields. He is young and well respected in the NFL.

So do I! On the 3rd try, I'm glad Campbell still went for the win.
If I recall the play correctly, a better pass would have been caught & it appears he would have scored.
Though, I think this outcome may change Campbell's philosophy in the future if faced with a similar situation!
I heard that officiating crew at the Dallas/ Detroit game was the same one who did the GB/KC game & didn't call the PI left in the game...
Well, I'm not going to hold that call against them....🙈🙉🙊

Last edited:
from the mouth of Coach Campbell-

“I’ve got controlled fury, and I’m ready to go. I’m absolutely ready to go. I don’t go the other way. The team won’t either,” Campbell told the media. “We’re on a mission. We’re not going to feel sorry for ourselves, and wallow in everything. We had plays to make, we didn’t make them. It’s a tight game, a good opponent, a playoff-type atmosphere, and you’ve got to make that one extra play that we didn’t.

“We will use this as fuel. I’ve got pure octane right now. I woke up, I’m ready. So we’re moving forward.”

I guess Campbell doesn't know the rule.
What's the point of "deception"?
The player reports as eligible, the ref tells the defensive captain that XX is reporting as eligible.
68 was uncovered because he was ineligible

Back