The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we can all agree this is fairly accurate.
I know with the Niners, a lot of starters are not playing at all, including Purdy and McCaffrey.
Same on this side of the NFL. I'm torn really, play or not play the starters. If a player has been nursing an injury for the last several weeks and isn't 100%, then it's a no brainer, you've got to rest them. For everyone else that's a starter, having 3 weeks off is a double edged sword. I just saw the Orioles have a first round bye and they never got traction when the next round started. Also, a more obvious example, the last time Lamar and the Ravens won the first round bye and he was MVP (2019 I think), they totally laid an egg and got spanked by Tennessee.

Still, one injury, and everything could fall apart before it's begun. The gut says playing and getting on a momentum roll is best, but the brain says not risking injury is the way to go. I've never been a gambler and am pretty logical, so I reluctantly listen to the brain and agree with resting. But, momentum is real and is important in this sport.

Hemispheres?

Same on this side of the NFL. I'm torn really, play or not play the starters. If a player has been nursing an injury for the last several weeks and isn't 100%, then it's a no brainer, you've got to rest them. For everyone else that's a starter, having 3 weeks off is a double edged sword. I just saw the Orioles have a first round bye and they never got traction when the next round started. Also, a more obvious example, the last time Lamar and the Ravens won the first round bye and he was MVP (2019 I think), they totally laid an egg and got spanked by Tennessee.

Still, one injury, and everything could fall apart before it's begun. The gut says playing and getting on a momentum roll is best, but the brain says not risking injury is the way to go. I've never been a gambler and am pretty logical, so I reluctantly listen to the brain and agree with resting. But, momentum is real and is important in this sport.

Hemispheres?
go with the gut. that what us Lions do ;)

Name that bird:

1704410232173.jpeg

Hemispheres?
It is a double edged sword. As I've said before here, the 2 or 3 weeks off always hurt GBs performance! But since the players seem to be running the Asylum now days & dont want to 'risk injuries', we better not play🤕..... You'd think some of these HCs would have figured out by now to keep playing instead of the rest approach!
BTW, it also drives me nuts the way a lot of college Athletes don't want to play in bowl games.
That was unheard of in the past!
I'm worried about the GB/ Chicago game.... Bears are out for pay-back! GB is a very erratic team from week to week. Though I'm glad the game is in GB instead of Chicago...
But I felt the same way last year & that didn't turn out well the GB.
Yes, it would be nice for the Packers to get in playoffs but they are no real threat to advance..
I'd be happy with just getting in playoffs period!
FWIW...Just saw no probowl selections for Packers. Even the Bears did better with 2!
...I'll tell you they get no respect!

Last edited:
Bobman said "But I felt the same way last year & that didn't turn out well the GB."

lol. Ricky says - you're welcome

never ever discount any team that goes in to the playoffs. all it takes is a lighting of the emotional fires to get a team on a roll

like the movie Hoosiers

Last edited:
Back