The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1704125161204.png

Woo Hoo.
Our little NFL thread was the #1 thread on QQ last month with 680 posts.

Four of the top 20 QQ posters participate in this thread, so it doesn't surprise me. I imagine that January is going to be even a higher number of posts with the playoffs going on. It is still weird that a thread about football (and other sports) is the leader on what is a music forum.

WEEK 18 SCHEDULE IS FINALLY OUT WEEK 18 You can see who they picked as the marquee games.
Oddly enough they put Saturdays Pittsburgh at Ravens, that must be a huge game for Pittsburgh?
Bills - Dolphins selected as the SNF night game. I think it is by far the game with the biggest impact on the playoffs.

Bills - Dolphins selected as the SNF night game. I think it is by far the game with the biggest impact on the playoffs.

Tua hurt his shoulder (throwing arm) in the 4th quarter yesterday. What do the Fins do if Tua is still hurting come next Sunday night? They are in the playoffs no matter what, but a win ensures the 2 seed and one or more home games. However if Tua aggravates his shoulder injury.... :unsure: And Jalen Hurts isn't on their bench to bail the team out like he did at Bama.

Four of the top 20 QQ posters participate in this thread, so it doesn't surprise me. I imagine that January is going to be even a higher number of posts with the playoffs going on. It is still weird that a thread about football (and other sports) is the leader on what is a music forum.
I find it very gratifying that football, BBQ, and Critters thread do such a nice job of rounding out all the music & tech talk. Now for stats... color me thick as a brick but how is it determined that this is the most popular thread in a month? Just meticulous post checking?

I find it very gratifying that football, BBQ, and Critters thread do such a nice job of rounding out all the music & tech talk. Now for stats... color me thick as a brick but how is it determined that this is the most popular thread in a month? Just meticulous post checking?
My guess is # of posts, 680 vs the # 2 most popular, can't remember, already deleted the email, had 480 posts?

Tua hurt his shoulder (throwing arm) in the 4th quarter yesterday. What do the Fins do if Tua is still hurting come next Sunday night? They are in the playoffs no matter what, but a win ensures the 2 seed and one or more home games. However if Tua aggravates his shoulder injury.... :unsure: And Jalen Hurts isn't on their bench to bail the team out like he did at Bama.
I heard the Dolphins got a little banged up. I didn't know about Tua, but I know Chubb tore up his knee and the O line had injuries. And Waddle was out. Bills are pretty healthy

Well for us Limey's, it's league football all the way. Currently those household names Sheffield Wednesday v Hull. It's a thriller...
NOT :D

I get all the soccer (as us Yanks call it) from 2 g'daughters in it. Usually four games a week. Now what I really enjoy is the random finding of Rugby on the telly. In a bar or at home. I have zero understanding of the rules or strategies. That's why it all just seems so bat shit crazy & fun. Those guys are nuts!

Well for us Limey's, it's league football all the way. Currently those household names Sheffield Wednesday v Hull. It's a thriller...
NOT :D
When I lived in Europe, there was no such thing as American football on TV. But by the third or fourth beer, all of these sports looked like American football to me. 🍻🍺🍻 :bowing:

I get all the soccer (as us Yanks call it) from 2 g'daughters in it. Usually four games a week. Now what I really enjoy is the random finding of Rugby on the telly. In a bar or at home. I have zero understanding of the rules or strategies. That's why it all just seems so bat shit crazy & fun. Those guys are nuts!
We used to say the difference between rugby and football was where the fighting took place. In football it was on the terraces where opposing fans would kick the shit out of each other. Whereas in rugby the opposing teams would kick the shit out of each other.
American football is slightly tame compared to the violence in rugby. And no body armour in rugby.
And the female supporters loved it. Always egging their team on to commit the most heinous of crimes. Usually shouting 'rip his nuts off '😀

Back