The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bart Starr, Vince Lombardi and their Packers were gods here in New Jersey. Vince Lombardi was a high school head coach at St Cecelia’s in Englewood, NJ, winning six state championships. The team was once named the best high school football team in the nation.

It was constantly “the Packers this” and “Starr that“ and “Lombardi, Lombardi, Lombardi.” So much so that the geographically challenged would have thought that Green Bay was a city somewhere on the Jersey shore.

For me, school lunchtime football season discussions were about the Packers. Not one of the kids seemed to give a hoot about the Giants. To this day, there are still old timers here who chant “The Pack is back” every time they make a move up in the football standings.
There's this guy on YouTube who did this 4-part series titled 'Life & times of Vince Lombardi'. The guy who made these is sort of a no-name ( ..no offense intended).
I actually thought that he did a great job. I watched all of them. I know It's not everyone's cup of tea.....@GOS?
But great history to me & I appreciate all the time/effort involved when people go do these sort of things!

Last edited:
1706916924591.png

@marpow
oh the pain and embarrassment. this reminder of Lions futility shall remain in place for 30 days

footnotes -
actually a really cool helmet. its diecast and high quality
looks like the man cave needs a good dusting 😲

View attachment 101043
Oh my God, good on you, now you can blow it up.
But I think the collector in you will now want to get 31 more:SB

@marpow
oh the pain and embarrassment. this reminder of Lions futility shall remain in place for 30 days

footnotes -
actually a really cool helmet. its diecast and high quality
looks like the man cave needs a good dusting 😲

View attachment 101043
Why is it not GO MINERS, and most importantly, why not Superbowl like Superman. Super Bowl is so square. ;)

Go Detroit Niners! :LOL:

The commercials annoy me even more so, not because they are bad but because they are way too good. So I find myself trying to hold off visiting the bathroom until halftime. But I’m an old fart and can’t last that long, so Mrs Surround yells, “I can’t believe what you’re missing in this commercial.”

She, on the other hand takes care of business during play and watches the halftime show in its entirety.

So yes Bill, that show (and the commercials) are there to pull in the non-fans. I refuse to have any more SB parties with non-fans as they disrupt the game with their lack of interest. :cool:

An early look at one of the SB commercials....

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/the-band-the-weight-super-bowl-commercial/
Now you have a built in bathroom break when this commercial airs during the SB.

If your serious and got the bread, THIS IS THE ONE YOU WANT

A person could really geek out, whenever watching a game, then the two teams can be displayed, God I love the idea.
Does Ricky @cbmmm3 want a set without the Dallas helmet? Considering how much that team is worth, the price of this set without that Cowboys helmet should go down to $99.99 for the lot. Call it the Earl Scheib special.

Last edited:
I have fucking Covid, I can't believe it. Have had a head cold since Jan 23rd, coming and going, and then 3 days ago I felt extra shitty and took the home test and positive. So far, 3 home tests one a day, and all positive.
I could watch the Pro Bowl, but not interested.
It's funny, when I'm running around like a crazy man all the time, I wish I could be home and listen to music, but now I am sick my attention span sucks.
Listening to 5.1 Minstrel In The Gallery as I write.
Mostly super nose congestion, clear. Lots of tight coughing and bronchial stuff, but seems to be almost nothing today. Mostly no fever, little spikes upwards here and there.
All my family texting me, aren't you having Super Bowl party?
Just trying to get through the day, I'll let you know.

There is a case to be made for the idea that real football ended last week with the championship round. That the SB is more about commercials, halftime, rich people, and TV glitz than it is about real football. Not to mention that the game rarely lives up to the hype.

I have fucking Covid, I can't believe it. Have had a head cold since Jan 23rd, coming and going, and then 3 days ago I felt extra shitty and took the home test and positive. So far, 3 home tests one a day, and all positive.
I could watch the Pro Bowl, but not interested.
It's funny, when I'm running around like a crazy man all the time, I wish I could be home and listen to music, but now I am sick my attention span sucks.
Listening to 5.1 Minstrel In The Gallery as I write.
Mostly super nose congestion, clear. Lots of tight coughing and bronchial stuff, but seems to be almost nothing today. Mostly no fever, little spikes upwards here and there.
All my family texting me, aren't you having Super Bowl party?
Just trying to get through the day, I'll let you know.
You can get a pill that will lessen the severity. Paxlovid. You need to take it within 5 days of the onset of the symptoms. Likely everyone else in the house has it as well.

Back