The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course I have never heard about that, this is the first time I have heard about it. Truthfully i don't pay attention to most things considered news, except the weather, I am big on weather.
But I thought I would read about it. Doesn't seem like that big of a deal.
I feel like since my first day with what I called the common cold, Jan 23rd, I have had about 5 rebounds, standing in the rain, getting drunk, two weekends in a row at football games certainly did not help.
Today I feel better, no coughing, no runny nose, no fever. I am on my third dose of the Covid medicine.
Yesterday I was so stressed out with all the roofing leaks, over 80 calls. Today I just want to relax and not care about anything, it will still be busy at work, but hopefully down to about 30 calls.

Now I well testify to the bad taste in mouth from the drug, I woke up and had a weird taste in mouth, told my wife, I thought it was the vaporizer with the Vicks in it, and she said, oh that's the medicine.

Paxlovoid Bad Taste

WHAT IS COVID REBOUND

I don't advise anyone becoming an expert on Covid, I hope to never know anything about it again by end of week.

Super Bowl: Already Niner fans are everywhere in Vegas, @Sonik Wiz , is your local news showing the same amount of Chiefs fans?

Sometime in early November my wife & I got the latest greatest covid vaccination. Soon after Thanksgiving when our resistance should have been at max my wife tested pos & then I got a "head cold" a few days later &then I tested pos also. My wife used the Paxlovoid & I did not. I felt really crappy for one day & then started to bounce back.

Yup, I read SF Gate & check out other SF & Las Vegas local news. It seems there's gonna be good attendance from the West coast & the Middle. Drawing my attention away from the game is two recent deaths in the family. First my older brother in law died & we buried him this last Saturday. Then before he was even in the ground my son in law's younger brother , 33 yo, passed away. His service is this Friday. So it's been pretty crazy. Still, I always find time to visit good 'ol QQ!

Markie
get better soon dude !

All this stress, arent you at the age of retirement ? You have plans to retire ? I keep trying to do so and the finish line seems to keep moving !!
Thanks Rickie, Yeah, I am going to. It's time. As you know it's a lot harder when it's your baby, well actually my Grandfathers, my Father made it better, I made it better than my Father, and next year it gets passed to my daughter and my supervisor and I go on 70 year old Soc Sec, Union Pension, all that stuff. The money is the easy part, it the emotions, I hate it, I love it that will be the hardest to give up.
I plan is to meet with my lawyer and accountant June/July and start the process.

Sometime in early November my wife & I got the latest greatest covid vaccination. Soon after Thanksgiving when our resistance should have been at max my wife tested pos & then I got a "head cold" a few days later &then I tested pos also. My wife used the Paxlovoid & I did not. I felt really crappy for one day & then started to bounce back.

Yup, I read SF Gate & check out other SF & Las Vegas local news. It seems there's gonna be good attendance from the West coast & the Middle. Drawing my attention away from the game is two recent deaths in the family. First my older brother in law died & we buried him this last Saturday. Then before he was even in the ground my son in law's younger brother , 33 yo, passed away. His service is this Friday. So it's been pretty crazy. Still, I always find time to visit good 'ol QQ!
Blessings to you and your family, my good friend.

Thanks Rickie, Yeah, I am going to. It's time. As you know it's a lot harder when it's your baby, well actually my Grandfathers, my Father made it better, I made it better than my Father, and next year it gets passed to my daughter and my supervisor and I go on 70 year old Soc Sec, Union Pension, all that stuff. The money is the easy part, it the emotions, I hate it, I love it that will be the hardest to give up.
I plan is to meet with my lawyer and accountant June/July and start the process.
Im in that same Emotion boat. Its been my baby for 36 years. I have light at the end of the tunnel so to speak. I close on sale of my business next week and will be on for 6 more months. Done - retired on Aug 15 ( and Atmos barn will be being built starting in April )

Sonik
wow - my sympathies.

My condolences for the losses in your family. And 33 is way, way too young.

Family & friends passing really blows. Sorry Sonik! That's a tough one for sure. It's been 3 years now since my dad passed away, that really has fucked me up at times. My wife's mom passed away quite unexpectedly 2 months ago...that really was hard on my dear wife. Of course, my first grandbaby died at birth, 4 years ago. I just cannot wrap my head around that one. It hurts.... OK, enough self-loathing.

Thank you friends for the sincere well wishes. Last night I watched All that Jazz for only the second time since seeing it the first time in a theater first run. If you've seen it then you know it's fictional semi-autobiography account about master choreographer Bob Fosse while he's trying to produce Chicago & edit/produce a film called Lenny. Featuring Jessica Lange as the Angel of Death it does not have a happy ending but is a fascinating story anyway. Saturation is sometimes my way of dealing with stuff. Anyway, for those that have not seen it that's still the basic story line & here's the opening sequence:

Meanwhile in other sporting news.... if the NFL & Peacock didn't piss you off enough, get a load of this:

https://japantoday.com/category/entertainment/networks-unite-to-create-new-sports-streaming-platform

Last edited:
Glad you are getting little breaks.
I tested negative today for Covid.
I still don't feel tight, little tired and little stuffy nose.
The medicine I do not like, 2.5 days to go. Bad taste in mouth, not good sleeping, ugh.
I go to my annual ear doctor today, I complain about the tinnitus and he cleans the wax, SOS.
Raining again. Seem to be satisfied listening to Country music about drinking.
Super Bowl, still talking to my wife about a little party, but the Covid really burst my excitement bubble.

I have fucking Covid, I can't believe it. Have had a head cold since Jan 23rd, coming and going, and then 3 days ago I felt extra shitty and took the home test and positive. So far, 3 home tests one a day, and all positive.
I could watch the Pro Bowl, but not interested.
It's funny, when I'm running around like a crazy man all the time, I wish I could be home and listen to music, but now I am sick my attention span sucks.
Listening to 5.1 Minstrel In The Gallery as I write.
Mostly super nose congestion, clear. Lots of tight coughing and bronchial stuff, but seems to be almost nothing today. Mostly no fever, little spikes upwards here and there.
All my family texting me, aren't you having Super Bowl party?
Just trying to get through the day, I'll let you know.
@marpow Marky, so sorry. I just read about you being ill.🤒 Praying for your fast recovery!😌

As much as I don't want to see the Chiefs win, I can't imagine Mahomes losing against anybody... But we never know, expecting a close game that would put my nerves to the test.

I don't really care about the SB at all. I just don't have any love for either of these two teams.
The instrument has yet to be invented that can measure my indifference.
Or maybe I'm just still bitter from the Ravens losing but I don't think that's it. I probably would have been more vested if the Lions were one of the teams or the Bills, for the simple reason that neither team has ever won the big game.
I will still watch it but I won't be glued to the screen.

I don't really care about the SB at all. I just don't have any love for either of these two teams.
Or maybe I'm just still bitter from the Ravens losing but I don't think that's it. I probably would have been more vested if the Lions were one of the teams or the Bills, for the simple reason that neither team has ever won the big game.
I'm the same really. What it really means, in my case. I'm not addicted to NFL football. Never had, never will. When the team I care about is good, then I pay close attention. Outside of that, I miss the majority of the season.

One of the local supermarkets is selling SB cake. Written on it is:

Super Bowl LVIII.

Whoever vs Who Cares.

Go Bills

I'm the same really. What it really means, in my case. I'm not addicted to NFL football. Never had, never will. When the team I care about is good, then I pay close attention. Outside of that, I miss the majority of the season.
Being an indoor tech nerd who's never so much as played school sports, I don't count myself as a hardcore sports fan, NFL or otherwise. It helps if you have hometown NFL, NBA, MLB team or whatever. But for decades the Chiefs disappointed to the point all they did was give something to gripe about next day at work. Sometimes the public sentiment was: maybe they should move to Montana. They need a football team.

But then Reid & then Mahomes started changing things. Throw in Kelce & Tyreek Hill & things got really interesting, something to cheer about. This won't last forever. Players get old or change teams, coaches retire. Don't know how this Sunday will turn out but at some point there will no doubt be another 50 year Super Bowl drought. So I'm gonna enjoy the ride while it lasts.

does someone need a glass of Kool Aid ?

Back