The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You Merry Prankster, you!
The "Further" you go the more you know! It's Kesey to do! Sorry, couldn't help myself.
ff2b94c58b9b4439b05c103c0378fb62--ken-kesey.jpg

Last edited:
My love for NFL Football has increased over the last 2 years because I had to replace my addiction to NHL Hockey which has decreased at the same time. I got to replace an addiction with another. :sick:
like you I had a hockey fetish ( easy to do for 30 some years when the Red Wings were conquerors and the Lions were - um - the Lions ).
Then I started drinking.
No - not what youre thinking. It was better - it was a freaky blue elixir. About 2010 ish.
My love of hockey is still there - but football is my number 1. And I will reap the rewards of my lust in 2024 / 2025 season

Welcome to QQ NFL Anon Rugene

My love for NFL Football has increased over the last 2 years because I had to replace my addiction to NHL Hockey which has decreased at the same time. I got to replace an addiction with another. :sick:
like you I had a hockey fetish ( easy to do for 30 some years when the Red Wings were conquerors and the Lions were - um - the Lions ).
Then I started drinking.
No - not what youre thinking. It was better - it was a freaky blue elixir. About 2010 ish.
My love of hockey is still there - but football is my number 1. And I will reap the rewards of my lust in 2024 / 2025 season

Welcome to QQ NFL Anon Rugene

I just add delusion upon delusion:

- That the Jets will ever amount to anything other than fodder for the sports press; and

- That the Rangers will ever be anything more than a bunch that sometimes plays like a great hockey team, but really only is a a very good team that never makes it to that upper echelon. (Don't worry though, they'll eventually buy Connor McDavid and the rest of the Oilers just like they did the last time.)

Well, my funeral attendance duties are over for now...
My younger son in Law Chris is the over achiever outstanding family man on his side of his family. The rest are pretty dysfunctional mess. The only one that lived close in the area to Chris was Tyler, the deceased. They had sports in common & I learned they watched together every Chiefs game this season. Call it sad or ironic that they both were looking forward to the Super Bowl game, but he passed in between the Ravens game & the SB.

So Chris put out the word that everyone should wear Chiefs apparel to the funeral, that his brother would probably love that. The room was packed with plenty of red. Even whoever that little old lady was with a walker & cigarette stuck to her lips had a nice Chiefs jacket.

I was in my jeans & Creed Humphrey numbah 52 T shirt. His is an under rated position. I mean, someones gotta get the ball to the QB, right?

Along with all that there was a bit of profanity & humor in the testimonials. It's as close as I've ever seen putting some fun in the word funeral.

GO CHIEFS!

My Superbowl pick for tomorrow's game:

One of the teams with red in their jerseys, and the one with the most points at the end of the game will win. ;)

Good luck tomorrow @marpow and @Sonik Wiz .
@ar surround -you are the great prognosticator! QQ's answer to Jimmy the Greek.
I'm going with KC. In SB's, the team with the better D usually wins. I think KCs defense is better!.
They have beaten 3 very good teams; Miami, Buffalo & Baltimore. They have proved themselves & been tested!
SF 'barely' beat GB & Detroit....they were losing both games in the 4th qt. & probably should have lost both!
Plus..KC has Mahomes. The best QB in the game right now!
Andy Reid's coaching record with 2 weeks to prepare for an opponent ( ..like after a bye) is 21-3.

Last edited:
@ar surround -you are the great prognosticator! QQ's answer to Jimmy the Greek.
I'm going with KC. In SB's, the team with the better D usually wins. I think KCs defense is better!.
They have beaten 3 very good teams; Miami, Buffalo & Baltimore. They have proved themselves & been tested!
SF 'barely' beat GB & Detroit.... were losing to both in the 4th qt. & should have probably lost!
Plus..KC has Mahomes. The best QB in the game right now!
Andy Reid's coaching record with 2 weeks to prepare for an opponent ( ..like after a bye) is 21-3.
Besides, I think the NFL wants KC to win and they control the refs.

Back