The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, congrats to our Sonik and hail to the Chiefs !
Random talk....
God I hope Kelce ditches the broad before next season
4 Ears crashing our little party ? Is this allowed when he has yet to tell us who 'his' team is ?
Never did hear what Sonik had on the SB menu
Seems like yesterday the Lions were spanking the Chiefs at Arrowhead
RickyPicks missed the mark ever so slightly
Sorry to Markie --whom we have not heard from and I hope he is okay ( recall he had Covid )
Ill take a few weeks off - stock up on mix and supplies - and then, let the KoolAid guzzle begin !

Lets Go Lions !!!

What is wrong with the way Mahomes wins (actually the team)? You mean by skill? Talent?
No. Of course Mahomes and the Chiefs have tremendous skill and talent.

What I mean: Mahomes has a penchant for letting the other team’s fans think they have a chance all game long. And then he breaks their hearts at the end.

Come on…the Bills game last season when he staged a second comeback with 13 seconds left and wins in OT? The Garappolo SB where the Chiefs are down by 10 in the fourth quarter, are getting nowhere with the SF defense, yet manage a comeback and the win. The list goes on and on.

The dude is not only a baby faced assassin, but a merciless one. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
A Bursting Out Bills fan picture for the thread (revenge) file: Nice trophy, Bills trophy next? Bursting Out next. Stop the train...or no way to slow down. :alien:
7a1e9ad0-c965-11ee-bff7-e10cac611d3d

Cheers for now...Just another tough Tull-day:LOL:

Many thanks to all for the accolades & comments!
I was hopeful for this season but not confident. Truly SF had a better all round reg season than the Chiefs and really, what are the odds of winning two SB's in a row? Even at the end of the 4th Quarter I couldn't guess how it would wrap up. Man! Tied into OT. It just shows how hard & determined both teams were. My regrets to Markie but wow this was a game played well on both sides. I think if someone wasn't a SF or KC fan, it was still a great game to watch.

It's interesting to consider the mixing & matching of team players. The Chiefs player that made the winning TD was Mecole Hardman. He was with the Chiefs, went to the Jets and dropped mid season. Then he returned to the Chiefs in October & has this to show for it.

Matthew Nagy famously went from the Chief's to the Bears & back again. Their loss, our gain.

Even more famously with the Bears is, of course, passing over Mahomes for Trubisky. He's gone from the Bears now but the Chiefs still have Mahomes.

And it looks like the 49'ers considered acquiring Travis Kelce but did not for a very interesting reason:

https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/49ers-passed-on-travis-kelce-train-wreck-18661628.php

It's interesting to consider the mixing & matching of team players. The Chiefs player that made the winning TD was Mecole Hardman. He was with the Chiefs, went to the Jets and dropped mid season. Then he returned to the Chiefs in October & has this to show for it.

Matthew Nagy famously went from the Chief's to the Bears & back again. Their loss, our gain.

Even more famously with the Bears is, of course, passing over Mahomes for Trubisky. He's gone from the Bears now but the Chiefs still have Mahomes.

And @GOS , we wonder why are teams suck? :ROFLMAO:

Never did hear what Sonik had on the SB menu

Lets Go Lions !!!
My foodball traditions are pretty sparse. Always Buffalo Wings & a Reuben sammy if, you know, we are playing Buffalo.
Should we be in the Super Bowl it's always gourmet pizza from local Minsky's and beer. Usually the beer is Boulevard something but this time I went with a red lager from Weston Brewing Company.

1707756421259.jpeg

Look close at the label. Their motto is: Not owned by Belgians.. yet.

Moody is going to have a long off season. Despite all that he's done all season long, Moody's rating has gone down. SF's major mistake, other than the missed PAT, was not capitalizing on the Mahomes INT. Mahomes and Reid would never have failed to cash in on a turnover of that magnitude (i.e., something exceedingly rare for Mahomes and giving that favorable a field position).

It's also interesting that one of the keys to the game was the football hitting the leg of the player in front of the punt returner. Just what was he thinking to end up in the path of the football?
Good observations! The missed extra point did change the game. Kick was low, rookie kicker.... pressure?
KC would have gone for win in regulation instead of tie.
KC probably would have still won.
That ball hitting players foot. Very fluky,
don't see how he could have known the ball's terjectory would be so short of player trying to catch it.
SF played well but couldn't stop kc when they had to.
Injuries to key SF players hurt, ie: LB, DB @ games end
Mahomes & Reid are the best in the game right now!
The last drive was a thing of beauty!

Last edited:
My foodball traditions are pretty sparse. Always Buffalo Wings & a Reuben sammy if, you know, we are playing Buffalo.
Should we be in the Super Bowl it's always gourmet pizza from local Minsky's and beer. Usually the beer is Boulevard something but this time I went with a red lager from Weston Brewing Company.

View attachment 101406

Look close at the label. Their motto is: Not owned by Belgians.. yet.
20546528_front_a06_@2.png

137646463_max.jpg

Complete wings on the large size with this combo usually helps the Bills beat the Chiefs. BAM! :D

Good observations! The missed extra point did change the game. Kick was low, rookie kicker.... pressure?
How quickly we forget that young Moody kicked a SB record (until Butker bested it later) 55 yard field goal.

I think that the McCaffrey and Pacheco fumbles while their teams were driving for TD’s were much more significant. Not to mention that SF muffed punt that hit that rookie’s calf.

A lot of mistakes of various magnitude happened during the game.

I will admit that SF did make the biggest mistake which was not having Mahomes kidnapped at halftime.

It's a good time to be living in the Kansas City Metro!
Thank you! Yes it is.

My wife who is amazingly artsy & crafty made three Lombardi trophies as center pieces for ourselves & our two daughters family.

TROPHY 1.jpg

TROPHY 2.jpg

Those are my g'daughters on the right with friends.

Kansas City is looking forward to the FIFA World Cup in a couple of years at Arrowhead!

Back