The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
God I hope Kelce ditches the broad before next season

That wouldn't be considered politically correct would it?. You call women "broads" in MI still? I thought that was only still allowed in NY and NJ or if you were a wise guy of course. :cool:

4 Ears crashing our little party ? Is this allowed when he has yet to tell us who 'his' team is ?
Ralphie strikes me as a Giants guy. But ya never know. Maybe he'll tell us soon.

That wouldn't be considered politically correct would it?. You call women "broads" in MI still? I thought that was only still allowed in NY and NJ or if you were a wise guy of course. :cool:

Ralphie strikes me as a Giants guy. But ya never know. Maybe he'll tell us soon.
Ive been called a lot in my life - but never been accused of being PC ;) .

I have a hunch Ralphie is a Jetster. Do tell @4-earredwonder which is why he is being quiet on team affiliation

https://people.com/mecole-hardman-blacked-out-after-super-bowl-2024-game-winning-catch-8575969

Mecole Hardman Says He Didn’t Realize He Caught Game-Winning Super Bowl 2024 Catch: ‘I Blacked Out’​

"I guess the magnitude of the moment got to me," the Kansas City Chiefs player said
mecole-hardman-2-021224-130c891932934dc39ae5076aa137c66f.jpg

A couple weird things in this SB that could have changed the outcome

...the punt that bounced off a SF player, KC recovers
...neither team could cash in on turnovers
... super long field goals
...the missed extra point

Now there is talk about SF making the wrong analytical choice by taking the ball at the start of OT. It used to be standard practice but with the new 13 second rule (Buffalo term) in effect, choosing the field effectively gives you an extra down of advantage somehow.

https://people.com/mecole-hardman-blacked-out-after-super-bowl-2024-game-winning-catch-8575969

Mecole Hardman Says He Didn’t Realize He Caught Game-Winning Super Bowl 2024 Catch: ‘I Blacked Out’​

"I guess the magnitude of the moment got to me," the Kansas City Chiefs player said
mecole-hardman-2-021224-130c891932934dc39ae5076aa137c66f.jpg
Cut him some slack. Imagine what the poor guy has to go through in life everyday with the name "Hardman." Middle school and high school must have been especially difficult.

Anyway, it appears that our Jersey boy ar surround did have a bright spot in the game, Hardman being a former Jet and all.

Mahomes and Kelce can win games by themselves. Mahomes has won 80% of the games in the playoffs by comeback wins. The Niners play better than the Chiefs like Buffalo but crucial turnovers and the ability of Mahomes to run the ball in crucial situations make the difference.

Mahomes and Kelce can win games by themselves. Mahomes has won 80% of the games in the playoffs by comeback wins. The Niners play better than the Chiefs like Buffalo but crucial turnovers and the ability of Mahomes to run the ball in crucial situations make the difference.
That's right. And his record is 9-2 when the Chiefs are down by 10 points or more. Forgive me for repeating myself given that I quoted this statistic in an earlier post, but I am absolutely in effin' awe of the dude. (Brady was the next closest at 10-11 when down 10 points or more.)

@Sonik Wiz

Sorry that my observation about Mahomes upset you, but it's not that he wins but rather the way that he wins. You know exactly what I mean and the hearts he has broken. Poor @marpow , twice now.

Let's not forget @sf49erjohn who also is hurting from yesterday and the last time these teams met in the SB. Like I said, despite all the hoopla about what Shanahan should have done with OT etc, etc, it's extremely difficult to win with The Baby Faced Assassin playing QB for the other team.

Let's not forget @sf49erjohn who also is hurting from yesterday and the last time these teams met in the SB. Like I said, despite all the hoopla about what Shanahan should have done with OT etc, etc, it's extremely difficult to win with The Baby Faced Assassin playing QB for the other team.
Haters gonna hate, but if it makes ya feel better, you be you. ;)

Haters gonna hate, but if it makes ya feel better, you be you. ;)
What I would like to see next year is two new teams who have never won the Super Bowl competing, like Ricky's Lions and JohnN's Bills.

Teams that have never won a Super Bowl:

• Arizona Cardinals
  • Atlanta Falcons
  • Buffalo Bills
  • Carolina Panthers
  • Cincinnati Bengals
  • Cleveland Browns*
  • Detroit Lions*
  • Houston Texans*
  • Jacksonville Jaguars*
  • Los Angeles Chargers
  • Minnesota Vikings
  • Tennessee Titans
[Edit: Teams that have never been to the SB shown with asterisk. Interesting that the four cities are in alphabetical order.]

Last edited:
What I would like to see next year is two new teams who have never won the Super Bowl competing, like Ricky's Lions and JohnN's Bills.

Teams that have never won a Super Bowl:

• Arizona Cardinals
  • Atlanta Falcons
  • Buffalo Bills
  • Carolina Panthers
  • Cincinnati Bengals
  • Cleveland Browns*
  • Detroit Lions*
  • Houston Texans*
  • Jacksonville Jaguars*
  • Los Angeles Chargers
  • Minnesota Vikings
  • Tennessee Titans
[Edit: Teams that have never been to the SB shown with asterisk. Interesting that the four cities are in alphabetical order.]
This is such a good point.
The fact that so many teams have never been. Some that have, have only been once.
49ers have been 8 times, that is incredible.
My thoughts as a season ticket holder, 30 years, 1979-2005 Candlestick, last 5 years Levi's, and am deep into 49ers history
Jimmy G. got things going for Shanahan.
Brock Purdy will absolutely be the starter this coming year.

This Super Bowl was fantastic, literally on the edge of my couch seat all game.
Thank God I didn't go and spend $25K, I think I spent $200.00 on snacks for my little party.
Niners first drive, Niners are Kings, but McCaffrey fumbles.
Drive 2, Trent Williams back to back false starts.
At this point in the game I am thinking, they are clearly better than the Chiefs, but they are going to shoot themselves.
Patrick Mahomes is clearly the best, and if the Niners are going to give him the game, he will take it.

Five Taylor Swift shots, really? Stupid, I'd rather see five shots of Roger Goddell.
I think Shanahan made the right overtime decision.
I think the Niners blew it by letting Chiefs #12 wide open in the end zone for the win, crushing.
I have not watched the game from my DVR yet, which I normally do.

My ending opinion on the 49ers, I HOPE, they do not join the teams that can get to the Super Bowl, 3 times in 10 years, but can't win.

The best thing of all, I now feel so relaxed, didn't know how revved up I have been since September, and the last 6 weeks have been brutal.
Now all is calm and good, we lost, that sucks, but my inner feelings of relaxation/calmness, is so great.

I would LOVE to see a Buffalo/Detroit Super Bowl.

Last edited:
Back