The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. I know the Ravens are going to lose half their free agents. How can anyone predict anything before they know who is even on their team (unless perhaps their QB's last name is Mahomes). Then they have to stay injury free for 17 weeks just to get to the playoffs.

Any talk of SB appearances before week 10 is just that, talk and hot air.
The Bills will be decimated next season because of free agency as well. Especially on defense. And they are up against the cap. It's a common problem with any team with high priced QBs. The have to hope for a good draft.

In Baltimore we call that a normal day :mad: :cry::(
I've only been to Baltimore once, for a few days maybe 20 years ago. For an ophthalmic conference at John Hopkins. Two impressions of the town stick with me after all that time.

One is the city strikes me as highly variable. One example was right at the hotel we stayed at. It was an old classic design full of dark stained wood & marble. Out the front door was a view of vibrant, clean & very prosperous business area. Look to the left around the hotel was ghetto. Another example was at the university campus. Everything was just awesome as I toured between the buildings. As we walked to one of host's cars in the parking lot it started to look pretty dodgy. She said she would never walk there alone & always with security guard at night.

My other memory is the great seafood & wonderful restaurants we ate at. When you travel with a physician you eat well. In Kansas, order the steak. In Baltimore you can't go wrong any kind of fish, crustacean, mollusk. Take your pick. The funnest restaurant I ate at remember quite well, called the Captain James I think.

Yes, what a crappy way to wrap up a celebration that should have been all fun. It's things like that that ruin the next time for everyone else. If/when we do it again it well could be a limited celebration at Arrowhead where things can be kept under better control.

Ten people shot, three critical, one dead.

I've only been to Baltimore once, for a few days maybe 20 years ago. For an ophthalmic conference at John Hopkins. Two impressions of the town stick with me after all that time.

One is the city strikes me as highly variable. One example was right at the hotel we stayed at. It was an old classic design full of dark stained wood & marble. Out the front door was a view of vibrant, clean & very prosperous business area. Look to the left around the hotel was ghetto. Another example was at the university campus. Everything was just awesome as I toured between the buildings. As we walked to one of host's cars in the parking lot it started to look pretty dodgy. She said she would never walk there alone & always with security guard at night.

My other memory is the great seafood & wonderful restaurants we ate at. When you travel with a physician you eat well. In Kansas, order the steak. In Baltimore you can't go wrong any kind of fish, crustacean, mollusk. Take your pick. The funnest restaurant I ate at remember quite well, called the Captain James I think.

Yes, what a crappy way to wrap up a celebration that should have been all fun. It's things like that that ruin the next time for everyone else. If/when we do it again it well could be a limited celebration at Arrowhead where things can be kept under better control.

Ten people shot, three critical, one dead.
That sounds about right, but I think most cities have similar, sanitized, tourist areas where everything looks new, bright and shiny, but venture off the happy path.....

I'm guessing you were at Hopkins. My niece is an RN and got her first post-grad job there. She felt fine as long as she was on the campus as well, but knew outside was a much different situation. The rest of the family just held our breaths hoping nothing bad would happen. She spent two years there (during the pandemic) and then went to work at the hospital in Annapolis. No matter where you go anything can happen anymore, but some places are worse than others.

I avoid going there anymore. There is just nothing up there that interests me enough to deal with it. Although, I can't say I've ever had any issues when I have went (which was quite frequently when I was younger). The good news is I live south of Baltimore and both stadiums are just inside the south border of the city. I feel like I can go there only having to put one foot inside the city (plus that is in that tourist area) and the interstate whisks you right out of the city without having to go through any neighborhoods.

My brother happened to be at an Orioles game when the Freddy Gray riots broke out. The police wouldn't let anyone leave the stadium until it was safe (probably an hour or more). So it's like a box of chocolates.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Baltimore_protests

Not so fast their my friend! Who knows who the Loins may lose in free agency, retirement, injury etc.
They may go right back in the tank& another 50+ year drought they just came out of.
I see at least 2 losses for sure... There might be a new sheriff in town next year! Take a guess who that might be Ricky🤔?
Maybe you should consider storing that koolAid on the panty shelf there Ricky....
willis.jpeg

Bobby
history is on your side with your observations - BUT - this aint the same ole Lions !
They are all coming back. All but the wide receiver that dropped the ball twice in SanFran
They are a special group and they have their goal already set

Last edited:
View attachment 101506

Bobby
history is on your side with your observations - BUT - this aint the same ole Lions !
They are all coming back. All but the wide receiver that dropped the ball twice in SanFran
They are a special group and they have their goal already set
Need to know:>) Nice to be crazy? When Lions become Tigers? Baseball Blues too?
1707958255645.jpeg

Now, the world don't move to the beat of just one drum,
What might be right for you, may not be right for some.

Just found out about this tragedy this morning.
When is this going to change in the good ol' USA?
Your guess is as good as mine. You can kill kids in elementary school while class is in session, pastors and parishioners attending a church service or other church activity, music fans at a live music event, and now people celebrating a national championship victory. For the KC Chiefs and their fans the 2024 SB win will always be linked to the tragic events that occurred in the aftermath. Victory parades in general now will never be the same again, and that's the least of it. And when the Chiefs are inevitably celebrated at the White House, it will be a bittersweet moment for all concerned.

In terms of associations, what comes to mind when you hear or read the words "Boston Marathon"? As a Massachusetts resident, I always think "...Bombing."

That sounds about right, but I think most cities have similar, sanitized, tourist areas where everything looks new, bright and shiny, but venture off the happy path.....

I'm guessing you were at Hopkins. My niece is an RN and got her first post-grad job there. She felt fine as long as she was on the campus as well, but knew outside was a much different situation. The rest of the family just held our breaths hoping nothing bad would happen. She spent two years there (during the pandemic) and then went to work at the hospital in Annapolis. No matter where you go anything can happen anymore, but some places are worse than others.

I avoid going there anymore. There is just nothing up there that interests me enough to deal with it. Although, I can't say I've ever had any issues when I have went (which was quite frequently when I was younger). The good news is I live south of Baltimore and both stadiums are just inside the south border of the city. I feel like I can go there only having to put one foot inside the city (plus that is in that tourist area) and the interstate whisks you right out of the city without having to go through any neighborhoods.

My brother happened to be at an Orioles game when the Freddy Gray riots broke out. The police wouldn't let anyone leave the stadium until it was safe (probably an hour or more). So it's like a box of chocolates.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Baltimore_protests
Many, if not most medical schools in the US are geographically located in suspect, if not seedy, parts of town.

The police in KC are now reporting that 2 of the 3 people arrested are under the age of 18.

When they start executing anyone that uses a gun in a crime or when the criminals run out of people to shoot.
We shouldn't be talking about this kind of stuff here because it is considered "political." For example, discussing whether the death penalty is a deterrent is considered "political."

But I'm pretty sure that giving these assholes the Joan of Arc treatment and live streaming it on YouTube would deter at least a few crazies out there. But we have the Eight Amendment thank goodness, so something like that would never happen. And I don't think there are many on this forum who are mean enough to actually light the match.

I don't know what the answer is, but there has got to be a better way. :(

Absolutely.
I don’t disagree with you; I’m just the messenger. These guys have a security person/handler assigned for moments such as this. In today’s high tech world you can attach a GPS device to each head coach at the end of the game and then the two security people can lead them almost directly to each other. Remember, this is the NFL where players and staff wore sensors during Covid to facilitate contact tracing.

Speaking as a fan, I always like to see the head coaches and QBs meet up and exchange greetings after a game. Also sends a positive message to kids who are watching.

Back