The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We shouldn't be talking about this kind of stuff here because it is considered "political." For example, discussing whether the death penalty is a deterrent is considered "political."

But I'm pretty sure that giving these assholes the Joan of Arc treatment and live streaming it on YouTube would deter at least a few crazies out there. But we have the Eight Amendment thank goodness, so something like that would never happen. And I don't think there are many on this forum who are mean enough to actually light the match.

I don't know what the answer is, but there has got to be a better way. :(
You’re right, ar. It would wrong, however, for us not to acknowledge that this tragedy happened. I’ll say nothing more on the subject.

When they start executing anyone that uses a gun in a crime or when the criminals run out of people to shoot.
That is a very good point.
The Eagles Of Death Metal where on stage at a mass shooting in Paris in 2015.
I can't remember but they came back to Paris to open for U2, of course they had high nerves and where being interviewed by French TV.
One reporter asked the front man, what do you think of guns and gun control.
He responded "either everyone has guns or no one has guns".
I believe I saw this on a documentary about the whole aftermath.

Last edited:
When nature calls...it calls.
Too many Black Eyed Peas…
IMG_0598.png

That is a very good point.
The Eagles Of Death Metal where on stage at a mass shooting in Paris in 2015.
I can't remember but they came back to Paris to open for U2, of course they had high nerves and where being interviewed by French TV.
One reporter asked the front man, what do you think of guns and gun control.
He responded "either everyone has guns or no one has guns".
I believe I saw this on a documentary about the whole aftermath.
I remember that but I wouldn't have remembered the details.

I've always pondered this question,,, if they stopped making guns tomorrow, how long would it take before you'd actually see a difference? I mean there are hundreds of millions of guns floating around.

Of course I'm talking about cbmmm3 and the Red Wings. I love Leafs/Flyers games better than watching the Red Wings.

:ROFLMAO: too much

Game on:
bob-and-doug-mckenzie.jpg
@JohnN Whaaaaaaaaaaaat ??????? You are pulling my chain, right ? Original 6 game and you would rather watch the Deli Liars ?

C'mon man !!

must be case of cup envy. how many Stanleys for the Leafs in the past 30 years ?

@JohnN Whaaaaaaaaaaaat ??????? You are pulling my chain, right ? Original 6 game and you would rather watch the Deli Liars ?

C'mon man !!

must be case of cup envy. how many Stanleys for the Leafs in the past 30 years ?
Wake up that Lions fan is listed here. Worked! Glad you're paying attention young man. Original Six minus Montreal and add the Flyers that I love to beat. Flyers beating the Leafs 1-0 after one. The beat goes on. :D

I’m sorry for posting that, gentleman. I thought that it was just a pic of coach and Mahomes holding up a drunk Jason. Then I remembered what that movie was about. And yes it is sick given what had happened in KC.
Obviously I misinterpreted. I should know that any postings made here is with the best of intentions.

I’m sorry for posting that, gentleman. I thought that it was just a pic of coach and Mahomes holding up a drunk Jason. Then I remembered what that movie was about. And yes it is sick given what had happened in KC.
My first thought was that he was passed out drunk as well but as soon as @Sonik Wiz protested the light bulb went off for me too.
Don't fret about it too much, injecting humor into life these days is like walking on the edge of a razor. The line between funny and cancelled is very thin.

2024 NFL predictions: Early Super Bowl 2025 picks, MVP, breakouts https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39524730/2024-nfl-predictions-experts-debate-mvp-super-bowl-picks-offseason-moves-breakout-candidates

1. Baltimore Ravens

2023 record: 13-4

Offseason in three words: Busy, busy, busy

The Ravens have 25 unrestricted free agents, including 15 who totaled at least 200 snaps this season. The list includes three Pro Bowl players in defensive tackle Justin Madubuike, inside linebacker Patrick Queen and guard Kevin Zeitler. Baltimore won't have a lot of salary cap space to keep all of its free agents, who combined for 24 touchdowns and 42 sacks this season.

"Well, we'll be busy," Ravens general manager Eric DeCosta said at the end of the season. "At some point, you get to the point where you have to play with who you have, and you have to draft well, and you have to hit on players, and we've done that the last couple of years." -- Jamison Hensley

Woody: Ravens' season 'a failure' despite Lamar winning MVP
Damien Woody and the "Get Up" crew debate how Lamar Jackson's MVP season should be defined after losing in the AFC Championship Game.

i

2. Kansas City Chiefs
2023 record: 11-6

Offseason in three words: Goodbye, Chris Jones?

The Chiefs wouldn't give Jones, a potential unrestricted free agent, the money he wanted on a long-term contract last season when he was holding out, so it wouldn't make sense for them to give it to him this time around. It also isn't logical for them to make him the franchise player, so it's possible Jones will be moving on. The Chiefs tried to prepare for that eventuality over the past two years, drafting George Karlaftis and Felix Anudike-Uzomah in the first round, but losing Jones would still be immense. -- Adam Teicher

i

3. San Francisco 49ers

2023 record: 12-5

Offseason in three words: Keep Brandon Aiyuk

Last offseason, the Niners received trade interest in Aiyuk but remained steadfast that they had no intention of trading him. Aiyuk rewarded that belief by posting a career year in which he had 75 receptions for 1,342 yards and seven touchdowns.

San Francisco has a lot of big contracts on the books, but there's a path to keep Aiyuk (who has one year left on his rookie deal) by structuring a new, big-money deal in which his biggest cap hits won't come until some of those other big contracts are off the books. Aiyuk and quarterback Brock Purdy have undeniable chemistry, and the 49ers must find a way to keep them together as foundational players for the long haul. -- Nick Wagoner

i

4. Detroit Lions

Offseason in three words: Address the defense

Offensively, the Lions have very few holes to fill. But the defense is a different story. After an NFC Championship Game appearance, the Lions hold the No. 29 overall pick in the draft. They should consider adding talent to the front four on the defensive line and in the secondary, with another cornerback to help with a pass coverage unit that allowed the sixth-most passing yards (247.4) per game this past season. Lions general manager Brad Holmes says they will continue to be "very strategic" and "very selective" in their process of drafting and signing players but will utilize free agency when needed. -- Eric Woodyard

i

5. Buffalo Bills

Offseason in three words: Make smart decisions

Of course, every team wants to make good choices throughout the offseason, but with the cap limitations ahead for the Bills -- estimated to be about $50 million over -- and the desire to remain in contention, this offseason will test the Bills' front office. Restructuring and extending contracts are likely, and finding solid talent to add in free agency will be a major task yet again. General manager Brandon Beane projected that the team will have 10 draft picks this year, once compensatory picks are awarded, and after the Bills got significant contributions from the first two picks of last year's draft, those sort of impact picks will be needed once again. -- Alaina Getzenberg

@JohnN I see that Aaron Rodgers' Jets didn't make the top five...obviously. I will be happy if they finish 9-8. Ecstatic if they go 10-7. Not holding my breath.
Good luck! Jersey change JINX from near Buffalo.
https://jetsxfactor.com/2024/02/15/ny-jets-new-jerseys-glimpse/

The New York Jets’ new look evokes a simple, classic feel​

At long last, the New York Jets have given their fans exactly what they’ve been dreaming of.

A Lombardi Trophy? A division title? A season of competent offensive line play? No, no, no. We’re talking about something much more exciting: new uniforms.

Back in 2019, the Jets overhauled their uniforms after a 21-season run in the previous set that was introduced in 1998. They went with a modernized look for the first time in team history, abandoning the simplistic identity that had defined the team’s uniforms since the franchise’s inception.

For the most part, the fanbase did not approve of the new-age look. Complaints about the uniforms were frequent over the past five seasons. It didn’t help that the Jets went 27-56 in those uniforms, but still, based on the reaction from the very day they were unveiled, it always felt like the Jets were trending toward reviving their old-school identity as soon as the rules allowed them to (five years later – 2024).

Well, 2024 has arrived, and as expected, the Jets are getting new uniforms with a classic vibe. In a recent announcement, Woody Johnson and the team confirmed they are promoting their 2023 “Legacy White” throwback uniform to the primary uniform, with new green and black versions being introduced to complete the set.
GGZylF7WwAAwkI9

2024 NFL predictions: Early Super Bowl 2025 picks, MVP, breakouts https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39524730/2024-nfl-predictions-experts-debate-mvp-super-bowl-picks-offseason-moves-breakout-candidates

1. Baltimore Ravens

2023 record: 13-4

Offseason in three words: Busy, busy, busy

The Ravens have 25 unrestricted free agents, including 15 who totaled at least 200 snaps this season. The list includes three Pro Bowl players in defensive tackle Justin Madubuike, inside linebacker Patrick Queen and guard Kevin Zeitler. Baltimore won't have a lot of salary cap space to keep all of its free agents, who combined for 24 touchdowns and 42 sacks this season.

"Well, we'll be busy," Ravens general manager Eric DeCosta said at the end of the season. "At some point, you get to the point where you have to play with who you have, and you have to draft well, and you have to hit on players, and we've done that the last couple of years." -- Jamison Hensley

Woody: Ravens' season 'a failure' despite Lamar winning MVP
Damien Woody and the "Get Up" crew debate how Lamar Jackson's MVP season should be defined after losing in the AFC Championship Game.

i

2. Kansas City Chiefs

Offseason in three words: Goodbye, Chris Jones?

The Chiefs wouldn't give Jones, a potential unrestricted free agent, the money he wanted on a long-term contract last season when he was holding out, so it wouldn't make sense for them to give it to him this time around. It also isn't logical for them to make him the franchise player, so it's possible Jones will be moving on. The Chiefs tried to prepare for that eventuality over the past two years, drafting George Karlaftis and Felix Anudike-Uzomah in the first round, but losing Jones would still be immense. -- Adam Teicher

i

3. San Francisco 49ers

Offseason in three words: Keep Brandon Aiyuk

Last offseason, the Niners received trade interest in Aiyuk but remained steadfast that they had no intention of trading him. Aiyuk rewarded that belief by posting a career year in which he had 75 receptions for 1,342 yards and seven touchdowns.

San Francisco has a lot of big contracts on the books, but there's a path to keep Aiyuk (who has one year left on his rookie deal) by structuring a new, big-money deal in which his biggest cap hits won't come until some of those other big contracts are off the books. Aiyuk and quarterback Brock Purdy have undeniable chemistry, and the 49ers must find a way to keep them together as foundational players for the long haul. -- Nick Wagoner

i

4. Detroit Lions

Offseason in three words: Address the defense

Offensively, the Lions have very few holes to fill. But the defense is a different story. After an NFC Championship Game appearance, the Lions hold the No. 29 overall pick in the draft. They should consider adding talent to the front four on the defensive line and in the secondary, with another cornerback to help with a pass coverage unit that allowed the sixth-most passing yards (247.4) per game this past season. Lions general manager Brad Holmes says they will continue to be "very strategic" and "very selective" in their process of drafting and signing players but will utilize free agency when needed. -- Eric Woodyard

i

5. Buffalo Bills

Offseason in three words: Make smart decisions

Of course, every team wants to make good choices throughout the offseason, but with the cap limitations ahead for the Bills -- estimated to be about $50 million over -- and the desire to remain in contention, this offseason will test the Bills' front office. Restructuring and extending contracts are likely, and finding solid talent to add in free agency will be a major task yet again. General manager Brandon Beane projected that the team will have 10 draft picks this year, once compensatory picks are awarded, and after the Bills got significant contributions from the first two picks of last year's draft, those sort of impact picks will be needed once again. -- Alaina Getzenberg

resident blow hard and sports writer wannabe RickyPicks will not give his 2024 /25 Season predictions til training camp

In the meantime - I say Lions all the way. All the way baby !!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Back